Business Analytics majors leverage data to create more efficient business processes and more accurate performance reporting—helping businesses compete globally. If you have a penchant for mathematics, statistics, modeling or information systems, you should consider a major or minor in Business Analytics.
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total, including your “outside” courses. All four required courses must be completed.
- Major electives: Select one of three tracks, then choose three courses from the electives for that track.
- Outside courses: Select any three additional courses. Choose any courses totaling 4.5 credit hours from outside courses, or from the other two tracks other than the track you have chosen.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least six credit hours are required. Three of the four required courses must be completed.
- Minor electives: You may choose the remaining required course, or any one of the outside courses listed below.
|Supply Chain Track||Minor||Outside Courses|
|BUS-K 507 Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling||Required|
|BUS-S 523 Enterprise Data Management||Required|
|BUS-K 513 Predictive Analytics/Data Mining||Required|
|BUS-G 572 Predictive Analytics for Business Strategy I||Required|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research||Selected|
|BUS-M 528 Dynamic Modeling of Customer Data||Selected||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-M 549 Marketing Intelligence Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 574 Pricing Management||Selected|
|BUS-F 508 Real Options in Capital Budgeting||Selected|
|BUS-F 520 Assett Valuation and Strategy||Selected|
|BUS-F 525 Corporate Financial Risk Management||Selected|
|BUS-F 526 Derivative Securities||Selected|
|BUS-F 540 The Firm in Capital Markets||Selected|
|BUS-F 541 Spreadsheet Models in Finance||Selected||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-F 579 Financial Data Analytics||Selected|
|BUS-P 506 Logistics and Distribution||Selected|
|BUS-P 550 Business Process Design||Selected|
|BUS-P 561 Supply Chain Management||Selected|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-A 546 Advanced Financial Statements Analysis & Valuation||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-A 564 Detecting Earnings Management||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-G 570 Thinking Strategically: Game Theory and Business Strategy||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-G 579 Predictive Analytics for Business Strategy II||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-K 515 Application Development with Visual Basics (VBA)||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-K 529 Data Analysis and Visualization||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-K579 Experimental Course: Business Applications of Machine Learning||Selected||Selected|
|BUS-K579 Experimental Course: Data Visualization||Selected||Selected|