With Kelley’s Me, Inc., you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of your personal story and how it connects to the next steps in your career even before your classes begin. Me, Inc. focuses on the individualized skills you’ll apply throughout your two years at Kelley and beyond. You’ll shape your personal brand, dive into career development and be on your way to understanding your leadership style. When you meet prospective employers during your first week of class, you’ll be ready.
The first step to leadership is understanding yourself.
Description of the video:
- Me, Inc. is a really fantastic experience. It's a two-week-long program where we sort of take a deep dive into ourselves, and also, how we work in teams and with others.
- It's probably one of the most important things you're going to do in business school because participating in it and really going in and being proactive in what you want to come away from it, you're gonna get so much more out of it.
- Me, Inc. is the perfect starting point before an MBA because it gives you all the tools and sets you up for success over the course of the next two years.
- Me, Inc. really helped me be a little bit more introspective rather than focusing on what's on my resume. It really helped me focus on personality traits and experiences I have that I can showcase as my personal brand.
- We learn about our leadership profiles, our personality types, our values, and our motivators, and what's really important to us, and then, we spend a lot of time creating a story about ourselves. It's uncomfortable to sort of force yourself to do these activities, but the more practice you have at it, the more comfortable it becomes.
- Whenever we felt stuck, whenever we felt, okay, this is not making sense, the faculty at every single point in time knew where to guide us. At the end of the two weeks, it all made sense.
- To take two weeks and really look at those values and what you think is important in your backstory and say, here's why I should be here. It will allow recruiters or allow potential people that are going to hire you an opportunity to really see that through.
- Not only does it help you stand out within the crowd, but being able to articulate your brand and your story to someone in a very succinct and meaningful way helps them understand who you are in a very short period of time.
- Two or three years from now, you're going to be standing in front of boardrooms or clients and you're going to try and present yourself, and that is going to matter. At the end of this, you want to walk away with the job that you want. Me, Inc. will be the start of finding that job.
- You really just learn so much about yourself, so much about how you work with other people, how other people perceive you. It's helpful, it's exciting. It's a really great experience.
Through Me, Inc., you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of yourself—your personal brand and how to connect your past experiences to your future goals in a way that resonates with employers.
- Build mentorship relationships through collaboration and teamwork—a hallmark of your Kelley education. You’ll work with first- and second-year students, getting honest feedback, starting lifelong relationships and taking ownership of your career path.
- Work one-on-one with career coaches, faculty and staff for personal, relevant advice on your MBA and career focus.
- Take a deep dive into your career development and get an introduction to our four-phase DNIP process—discover, network, interview, perform.
Tony McNeal, MBA’19, Financial Leadership Development Program, AT&T
I framed my vision board from Me, Inc. and put it up in my apartment. That exercise allowed me to take a step back and understand how events and hardships in my life have shaped my outlook and goals. It created the pathway to my career aspirations.