As a consultant, companies will look to you for answers. Your Kelley MBA and its suite of consulting services, including the Consulting Academy, Kelley Club, 1Kelley Consulting, and Global Business and Social Enterprise (GLOBASE), give you the skills and experiences that you’ll need to identify solutions.
Consulting Academy: Combine your major and curiosity into a consulting career
Is a consulting career for you?
During the Academy, you’ll develop core consulting skills and gain a solid understanding of the industry and the different types of consulting careers and firms. You will:
- Learn from professionals and executives from top consulting firms in addition to clients who speak candidly about their experiences working with consultants
- Meet with companies and expand your professional network
- Take part in a case competition judged by consultants from a Big Four firm
- Gain real-world experience by conducting a consulting project for a client
- Collaborate with Graduate Career Services on networking, interview practice, career discussions, and preparation for your internship. This includes ongoing mentoring by your Academy director, a career coach, a second-year mentor, and Consulting Academy alumni.
Learn about the Academy and consulting careers
Gain insights about the Academy and career paths for consulting from Kelley Consulting Academy alumni and program leaders.
Paulos Tewolde, MBA’23
The Consulting Academy is a fantastic opportunity for students to practice the many lessons learned in the classroom on real-life consulting projects. We learn under the tutelage of a former consulting executive with 30+ years of experience who goes out of his way to bring the best out everyone. When I joined the Academy last year, seeing things from Academy Director Scott Laughner’s perspective blew me away. I’d never been in a fully immersive learning program like this, and my experiences solidified my decision to pursue consulting as a career after Kelley.
Questions? Contact us.
J. Scott Laughner
Consulting Academy Director
J. Scott Laughner recently joined Kelley as a faculty member and director of the Consulting Academy. He brings over 30 years of consulting experience as a senior managing director at Accenture, where he was based in their Chicago, Atlanta, London, San Francisco, and Indianapolis offices. Scott worked on engagements with Global 2000 companies early in his career and spent the second half of his career leading some of Accenture’s business segments. His client delivery and internal leadership positions give him a unique blend of expertise across strategy, operations, consulting, and systems integration. Prior to working at Accenture, he received his BA in industrial engineering from Purdue University and an MBA from the University of Notre Dame.
Consulting Academy Career Coach
Suzanne Stuebe has over 20 years’ experience working with Fortune 100 companies as a consultant focused on improving operations and customer experience.
More opportunities to build your career
- Check out the student-led Consulting Club for events, seminars, and workshops tailored to consulting. You’ll sharpen your consulting skills, prepare for interviews, and continue developing your network and new friendships.
- Gain real-world consulting experience with 1Kelley Consulting, which enables MBAs to build their leadership skills as they make a positive social and economic impact locally.
- Gain international leadership and consulting experience with Global Business and Social Enterprise (GLOBASE). Your team will work directly with entrepreneurs and nonprofits in Latin America, Africa, and Asia to address challenges and create positive social impact.