Business-to-business transactions take place every day, in every industry around the world, as firms design, market, and sell products and services for organizational customers including businesses, governments, and non-profit firms. Connect with leading B2B marketers and gain business marketing expertise and real-world experience in the Business Marketing Academy, one of two marketing Academies that make the Kelley MBA one of the top marketing MBAs in the US.
Business Marketing Academy: Become a top B2B marketer
Is a career in business marketing for you?
Through this Academy, you’ll combine marketing expertise with an understanding of how you can partner with other organizations to help make their businesses better, more profitable, and more successful. As a member of the BMA, you will:
- Travel to cities like Minneapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee to visit the headquarters of corporations with successful B2B operations, such as 3M, Medtronic, and Intel
- Gain real-world experience by conducting a consulting project for such companies as Amazon, Johnson & Johnson, and Eli Lilly, preparing you for your internship and career
- Learn from professionals and executives from top companies
- Receive ongoing mentoring from the Academy director, a career coach, second-year mentor, executive board, and other BMA alumni
Learn about the broad range of options
You can launch a business marketing career in most industries, including life sciences, tech, and industrial firms. Your career path depends on your interests and strengths. Here are descriptions of three broad areas within business marketing:
- General management positions manage brands and products, often managing specific product lines or industries/channels for firms—managing a small piece of the business
- Customer management involves high-level business development, strategic account management, and field marketing support, giving you face-to-face contact with customers
- Domain expertise leads to positions with a narrow but deep focus in marketing, such as pricing, social media, data analytics, and product marketing
- Entrepreneurial roles abound in small B2B firms, as well as the opportunity to start your own company serving the various market needs across B2B industries
Students from the Business Marketing Academy land internships and full-time roles with such companies as 3M, Abbott, Amazon, Cummins, Dell, Ecolab, EY, Google, Eli Lilly, Microsoft, and Salesforce. Kelley MBA graduates pursue careers across the US and abroad. View employment statistics.
Learn about the Academy and business marketing careers
Gain insights about the Academy and B2B marketing careers from Kelley BMA alumni and program leaders.
Learn how to prepare for tech-related business roles
Gain insights for careers in the tech sector from a Kelley MBA student, alumni and faculty.
Learn about product management careers
Gain insights from Business Marketing Academy alumni working in different kinds of product management roles in a variety of industries.
Questions? Contact us
Business Marketing Academy Director
Business Marketing Academy Career Coach
Randi joined Graduate Career Services in fall 2018. She has more than a decade of experience in education. She taught music throughout K-12 levels, oversaw operations for music ensembles at Boston College, and served as a career coach for undergraduate and graduate students. Randi continues to find excitement in supporting Kelley graduate students as they achieve their career goals.
More opportunities to build your career
Check out the Marketing Club, the largest student-led club for Kelley MBAs. You’ll learn about marketing across various industries, sharpen your marketing skills, prepare for interviews, and continue developing your network and new friendships.