Whether you're interested in business-to-business or business-to-consumer marketing, you'll understand the art and the science behind putting customers, products, and services together at the right price and the right time with a marketing major. Our graduates have found their niche in such companies as Target, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Ford, and many others.
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total, including your electives and “outside” courses from the marketing major electives list below.
- Major electives: Select at least six courses.
- Outside courses: You must have three credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, L507, X504, X505, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
- Minor requirements/electives: Select at least four courses. You may select from required or elective course options.
- Add a certificate: Interested in becoming a product manager? Expand your expertise with the optional Product Management Certificate.
This major is STEM-designated by the US government, reflecting the curriculum’s focus on analytics, technology, and data-driven decision making. Learn more about this certification and what it means for US and international students.
Marketing Major Requirements (15 credit hours)
Given this structure the requirements for the major are as follows:
Required Courses (3.0 credit hours)
Major Electives (9.0 credit hours)
Select at least 6 courses. M511 and M512 cannot be double-counted to fulfill both required and elective courses.
General Elective/Outside Courses (3.0 credit hours)
Must have 3 credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as "Outside" Courses: A548, L507, X504, X505, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
Note: BUS-M595 Special Topics in Marketing (1.5 credit hours). You may count M595 twice if there are 2 different topics.
Marketing Minor Requirements (6 credit hours)
A total of at least 6 credit hours are required.
Minor Electives (6.0 credit hours)
Select 4 courses.