In recent years, supply chain and operations management has exploded in importance in the consulting, retail, healthcare, finance, and manufacturing industries. With this major, you'll learn from front-line problem-solvers and thought leaders in supply chain management, technological innovation, and business analytics, and you'll gain the skills and knowledge to design and enact the operational systems in service and manufacturing firms, whether as a business professional in these industries or a consultant to them.
Supply chain and operations management focuses on effectively, efficiently, and sustainably moving goods and services from source to consumption across all sectors, everywhere in the world. This efficient provision of services and movement and transformation of goods has never been so important, especially when it hinges on the interaction between firms, domestically and internationally.
Academy to consider: Supply Chain and Digital Enterprise
- Major requirements: You must have at least 12 credit hours total. You must successfully complete all four required courses (6 credits): P506, P520, P550, and P561.
- Major electives: Select at least one course from P552 or P556. You can take both (1.5-3 credits).
- Additional major electives: Select 1-2 courses (1.5-3 credits) from the additional major electives list.
- Outside courses: You must have 1.5 credit hours outside the major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: X505, X507, X515, X516, X517, X541, X542, X543, and X575.
- Minor requirements: Select at least four courses.