BUS-F520 Asset Valuation and Strategy
- 7 weeks
- 1.5 credits
- Prerequisite(s): MBA Core
This course will provide finance majors and minors with the basics for analyzing the demand for and pricing of financial securities. The essentials of a traditional investments course will be framed in a portfolio context. Special emphasis will be given to debt and derivative securities. Extensions and applications of this material will be pursued in the advanced finance modules.
- Risk and risk aversion
- Portfolio theory and diversification
- Asset pricing models, theory, and empirical tests
- Fixed income analysis, term structure, and interest rate risk
- Introduction to derivative securities: options and futures
Course grade will be based on some average of exam(s), written assignments, and problem sets.