Whether you're interested in business-to-business or business-to-consumer marketing, you'll understand the art and the science behind putting customers, products, and services together at the right price and the right time with a marketing major. Our graduates have found their niche in such companies as Target, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Ford, and many others.
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total, including your electives and “outside” courses from the marketing major electives list below.
- Major electives: Select at least six courses.
- Outside courses: You must have three credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, L507, X504, X505, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
- Minor requirements/electives: Select at least four courses. You may select from required or elective course options.
- Add a certificate: Interested in becoming a product manager? Expand your expertise with the optional Product Management Certificate.
This major is STEM-designated by the US government, reflecting the curriculum’s focus on analytics, technology, and data-driven decision making.
Marketing Major Requirements (15 credit hours)
Given this structure the requirements for the major are as follows:
Required Courses (3.0 credit hours)
Major Electives (9.0 credit hours)
Select at least 6 courses. M511 and M512 cannot be double-counted to fulfill both required and elective courses.
General Elective/Outside Courses (3.0 credit hours)
Must have 3 credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as "Outside" Courses: A548, L507, X504, X505, X507, X515, X516, and X517.
Courses no longer offered as of 3/9/18:
BUS-M595 Special Topics in Marketing (1.5 credit hours). You may count M595 twice if there are 2 different topics.
Marketing Minor Requirements (6 credit hours)
A total of at least 6 credit hours are required.
Minor Electives (6.0 credit hours)
Select 4 courses.
Courses no longer offered as of 3/9/18
BUS-M 595 Special Topics in Marketing (1.5 credit hours)