Whether you're interested in business-to-business or business-to-consumer marketing, you'll understand the art and the science behind putting customers, products and services together at the right price and the right time with a Marketing major. Our graduates have found their niche in such companies as Target, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Ford and many others.
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total, including your electives and “outside” courses. (* Take your choice of two of the three required courses.)
- Major electives: Select at least six courses. If all three required courses are taken, then only five electives are required. M511, M512 and M513 cannot be double counted to fulfill both required and elective courses.
- Outside courses: You must have three credit hours outside the marketing major. The following general graduation requirement courses do not qualify as outside courses: A548, L507, X504, X505, X507, X515, X516 and X517.
- Minor requirements/electives: Select at least four courses. You may select from required or elective course options.
- Add a certificate: Interested in becoming a product manager? Expand your expertise with the optional Product Management Certificate.
|BUS-M 511 Market Based Analysis||Required*|
|BUS-M 512 Marketing Strategy||Required*|
|BUS-M 513 Marketing Strategy Simulation||Selected|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research||Selected|
|BUS-M 522 New Products Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 525 Legal Issues in Marketing Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 528 CRM and Digital Analytics||Selected|
|BUS-M 530 Business Marketing Strategy and Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 537 Consumer Channels Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 544 Managing Advertising and Sales Promotion||Selected|
|BUS-M 546 Marketing Strategy Practicum||Selected|
|BUS-M 549 Marketing Intelligence Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 550 Consumer Insights||Selected|
|BUS-M 574 Pricing Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 575 Brand Asset Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 581 Bloomington Brands||Selected|
|BUS-M 590 Independent Study in Marketing||Selected|
|BUS-M 591 Digital Marketing||Selected|
|BUS-M 594 Global Marketing Management||Selected|
|BUS-M 595 Special Topics in Marketing||Selected|