Criteria for standard admission to the Kelley School will change with the entering class of Fall 2021. For an application to be eligible for review, students must complete:
- Application for admission to Kelley (open September 1-November 1 or February 1-April 1)
- Minimum of 30 hours of college coursework by the time the application is reviewed. For most students, this will require two semesters on the IU Bloomington campus. We include the credits from any college-level coursework on your transcript: SLST coursework credit hours, AP, IB, test credit, dual credit and ACP.
- Full-time enrollment at IUB (12 credit hours) in the semester in which you apply.
- The following Integrated Core pre-requisite courses (20.5 hours in total, may include coursework transferred in)
- English Composition: ENG-W 131* (3 credits)
- Business Presentations: BUS-C 104/106 (3)
- Compass I: BUS-T 175 (1.5)
- Finite Math: MATH-M 118* (3)
- Calculus: MATH-M 119* (3 - 4)
- The Computer in Business: BUS-K 201/204 (3)
- Basic Accounting: BUS-A 100 (1)
- Fundamentals of Economics for Business I: ECON-B 251 (3)
*Equivalent courses for these classes exist on the IU Bloomington campus. See your advisor for more information.
We recommend that if an intercampus transfer is bringing in BUS courses, they continue on with the next set of I-Core prerequisites. However, the admissions committee will only be looking to see if the first year curriculum above is complete at time of review.
To be automatically admitted to the Kelley School through standard admission, students must achieve B’s and above in all courses. Withdrawals (W’s) will not count against your application, nor will P/F grades received when the course is only offered P/F. Students whose records indicate one or more grades below a B will have their applications comprehensively reviewed. The admissions committee reviews grades in all courses, not just business courses.