Accessing Kelley Advising
Drop-in hours are now 11AM - 1 PM , Monday -Friday. Visit us in-person in HH3035. Follow @kelleyadvising on Instagram for updates and tips.
30-minute appointments about academic goals and long- term planning will have more availability before and after the period where students are actively enrolling for the next semester. Plan ahead and utilize the menu of advising options all year long!SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT
Soar : Listed majors, academic advising report, GPA, & advising notes
Email : email@example.com for general questions
For important dates and deadlines, refer to the IUB Registrar CalendarOfficial Academic Calendar
We're here for you.
Kelley’s dedicated team of academic advisors are here to help you explore your interests, choose your path of study, and find success at Kelley and beyond.
Get the guidance you need, at your convenience.
Whether you just have a quick question or want to discuss your future, Kelley advisors are a resource for helping you with planning your undergraduate journey. See the guide below for the best way to find answers from the Kelley Undergraduate Advising Office.
Staff at the front desk are able to answer many of the questions you might have and provide you with important forms or instructions. Ask them about:
- How to transfer a course to IU Admissions
- How to change your major
- How to declare a minor
- How to find other Kelley offices
- Important dates on the academic calendar
Many of your questions could be answered via email. Send a message to BUSADV@indiana.edu to ask about:
- Adding a business minor
- Transferring credits
- Important dates and deadlines
- General advising questions
Monday through Friday, Kelley offers drop-in advising for quick questions. Drop-in advising meetings last no more than 15 minutes and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis with any available advisor. Due to the limited time available, one topic is typically addressed at a drop-in advising session, such as:
- Semester schedule changes
- Course planning for one semester in the future
- Clarifying policies or deadlines
Made ahead of time with a specific advisor, 30-minute academic advising appointments allow students to have a more in depth conversation with an advisor. Advising appointments are necessary if you have more complex questions or concerns, such as:
- 4-year / graduation planning
- Academic goal setting (e.g., incorporating honors, study abroad, and student organizations into overall academic plan)
- Major and career exploration
- Major and co-major planning and sequencing
- Concerns about academic success
Make the most of Kelley Advising. Come prepared.
Your advising experience will be most successful if you plan ahead. Here are some things to expect when you work with the Kelley Advising office.
- Drop-in advising allows a student to join at their desired time, but students are seen on a first come, first served basis. You may have to wait—plan accordingly and consider joining when you have homework or other things to work on while you wait. Wait times can reach 30–60 minutes during the first two weeks of the semester and during enrollment season.
- While your advisor will help you plan your course of study, they will not actually enroll you. You will need to enroll on your own.
- Come prepared with questions and a list of items to be accomplished during the meeting.
- Be professional when communicating with our office, including via email.
Connect with Kelley Advising on Instagram.
kelleyadvising The advising office has returned to regular drop-in hours of 11 am - 1 pm. Please come to Hodge Hall 3035, as virtual drop ins are no longer offered. . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising Welcome back from winter break! We hope you had a great holiday. This week, the advising office will be offering drop-ins only, both in person and online. Please see the link to the student portal in our bio for more information. . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising We hope you have been having a fantastic winter break and a Happy New Year! As of today, 01/03/2023, drop ins are back. For the rest of this week, drop ins will be in person only (located in Hodge Hall 3035) from 11 am- 1 pm. . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising Happy Thanksgiving Break! No classes will be held from November 21-November 25. . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising There will be no drop in hours during Thanksgiving break. Drop ins will resume starting Monday, November 28th. Have a great Thanksgiving Break! :) . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising Here are some helpful tips before you spend time waiting in long drop-in lines. 1) Know your degree requirements using the Kelley Academic Bulletin and track your specific progress using the Academic Advisement Report (AAR) 2) Create an iGPS plan 3) Come to drop ins closer to your enrollment date/time 4) Be patient... if you have already emailed us, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Resources mentioned in this post can be found in One.IU. . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising