Accessing Kelley Advising
During the summer months, advising will be available by appointment only. Drop-ins will resume closer to the start of classes in August.
30-minute appointments about academic goals and long- term planning will have more availability before and after the period where students are actively enrolling for the next semester. Plan ahead and utilize the menu of advising options all year long!Schedule appointment
Soar : Listed majors, academic advising report, GPA, & advising notes
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions
For important dates and deadlines, refer to the IUB Registrar CalendarOfficial Academic Calendar
We're here for you.
Kelley’s dedicated team of academic advisors are here to help you explore your interests, choose your path of study, and find success at Kelley and beyond.
Undergraduate Advising Office
Hodge Hall 3035
1309 E. Tenth St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
Get the guidance you need, at your convenience.
Whether you just have a quick question or want to discuss your future, Kelley advisors are a resource for helping you with planning your undergraduate journey. See the guide below for the best way to find answers from the Kelley Undergraduate Advising Office.
Staff at the front desk are able to answer many of the questions you might have and provide you with important forms or instructions. Ask them about:
- How to transfer a course to IU Admissions
- How to change your major
- How to declare a minor
- How to find other Kelley offices
- Important dates on the academic calendar
Many of your questions could be answered via email. Send a message to BUSADV@indiana.edu to ask about:
- Adding a business minor
- Transferring credits
- Important dates and deadlines
- General advising questions
Monday through Friday, Kelley offers drop-in advising for quick questions. Drop-in advising meetings last no more than 15 minutes and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis with any available advisor. Due to the limited time available, one topic is typically addressed at a drop-in advising session, such as:
- Semester schedule changes
- Course planning for one semester in the future
- Clarifying policies or deadlines
Made ahead of time with a specific advisor, 30-minute academic advising appointments allow students to have a more in depth conversation with an advisor. Advising appointments are necessary if you have more complex questions or concerns, such as:
- 4-year / graduation planning
- Academic goal setting (e.g., incorporating honors, study abroad, and student organizations into overall academic plan)
- Major and career exploration
- Major and co-major planning and sequencing
- Concerns about academic success
Make the most of Kelley Advising. Come prepared.
Your advising experience will be most successful if you plan ahead. Here are some things to expect when you work with the Kelley Advising office.
- Drop-in advising allows a student to join at their desired time, but students are seen on a first come, first served basis. You may have to wait—plan accordingly and consider joining when you have homework or other things to work on while you wait. Wait times can reach 30–60 minutes during the first two weeks of the semester and during enrollment season.
- While your advisor will help you plan your course of study, they will not actually enroll you. You will need to enroll on your own.
- Come prepared with questions and a list of items to be accomplished during the meeting.
- Be professional when communicating with our office, including via email.
Connect with Kelley Advising on Instagram.
kelleyadvising Feel free to make an advising appointment for any pressing concerns! We have appointments open all summer and even some same day appointments with undergraduate Kelley advisors. . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #kelleyadvising
kelleyadvising Our virtual drop in link is available on the SAS calendar for any last minute questions! Don’t forget: you can make an appointment with any of our advisors all summer! . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #kelleyadvising
kelleyadvising Congratulations to all graduating Kelley seniors! We wish you a bright future and luck on your next adventure. . . . #iu #iubloomington #iuhoosiers #hoosiers #iukelley #kelleyschoolofbusiness #kelleyadvising
kelleyadvising The end of enrollment season is approaching! This will be the last week for drop ins at 11-2, we will revert to our 11-1 hours after Friday the 28th. Good luck on finals! . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #kelleyadvising
kelleyadvising Happy Thursday! Today, April 13th, our drop-in hours will be shortened by an hour. Feel free to drop in to HH3035 with quick questions today from 12 pm- 1 pm. . . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising
kelleyadvising Are you finding that classes are filling up and getting nervous about enrollment? Don't fear, follow the enrollment checklist! Waitlists are a normal part of enrollment in Kelley that are used to help us help students make degree progress. If you find yourself on a waitlist, please follow the order of operations and be patient, we'll help you! 1. Enroll on time 2. Join open sections first 3. Join multiple waitlists 4. Have a plan B & use the drop-if-enroll option 5. Wait & be patient . . #Iu #IuBloomington #IuHoosiers #Hoosiers #IuKelley #KelleySchoolOfBusiness #KelleyAdvising