The I-Core semester is designed to give you several real-time experiences that challenge you to solve cross-functional business problems while developing your professional and leadership skills. The final I-Core case—also known as the Kelley "rite of passage"—is an extensive and intense team project in which students demonstrate all they have learned. Are you ready?
The following requirements must be met prior to the start of the intended I-Core semester:
- Successfully admitted to the Kelley School of Business
- Successfully completed all I-Core prereqs with a grade of C or better
Do I need to submit the permission form?
NO, you do not need to submit the permission form if I-Core prerequisites are completed, or are “in progress” to be completed, before the I-Core semester. You will be notified by firstname.lastname@example.org with enrollment instructions.
YES, you do need to submit the permission if you are preparing for I-Core the following semester, and you have one to three prerequisites pending transfer. These courses must be completed before the start of your I-Core semester.
If you have questions regarding your I-Core eligibility, please see an advisor.
- Complete the permission form in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Complete the permission form using an on-campus computer.
- If you are still having issues, after trying both suggestions above, email email@example.com and include a screenshot of the error or issue.
- Check for your confirmation email to ensure your form was successfully submitted.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 10 minutes, please resubmit the I-Core Permission Form.
- The I-Core administrator will review your academic coursework to ensure it meets all of the necessary standards including all prerequisite course enrollment, grade minimums, and required credit hours.
- If you do not meet the necessary standards, you will be contacted by email.
During your enrollment date and time, you will enroll in BUS-BE 375 and BUS-T 375.
- I-Core is a block enrollment, meaning that you will register for all of the sections, including BUS-T 375, at the same time.
- You will not be able to waitlist.
- If changes need to be made, utilize the SWAP function.
- You will see the BUS-T 375 course is online and meeting times listed as "ARR." You will not search and enroll separately for that class.
Strict prerequisite polices are enforced for I-Core. To remain enrolled in I-Core, all courses, including transfer credits, must be documented as satisfied. Failure to produce evidence of successful completion of any unsatisfied I-Core prerequisite(s) by the stated deadline will result in administrative removal. All deadlines and instructions for successful verification of prerequisite(s) are sent to students via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses taken away from IU Bloomington
Consult with your academic advisor prior to enrolling in any type of I-Core prerequisite outside of IU Bloomington, as many course requirements have recently been updated. Also, refer to the Transfer Course information page for the intricacies of taking a course away from IUB.
Course Taken Through an IU Institution
The credit and grade automatically transfer to your IU Bloomington transcript. No further action will need to be taken.
Course Taken Away from an IU School (Ivy Tech, Oakton, DuPage, etc.)
Follow the instructions sent to you from email@example.com.