The Commercial Real Estate Workshop is a three-credit program focused on preparing students to research, model and present commercial real estate deals to investment committees. Students will learn to combine their cross-functional skills and apply them to the real estate industry in a collaborative, case-based environment. Networking opportunities include numerous personal interactions with industry leaders, career fairs, case competitions, and trips to Chicago.
Workshop Application and Admission
Applications open in early March and close on the first Friday in April. Recruiting for the CRW begins in mid to late February with a callout meeting run by incoming CRW executives, as well as a club social event geared towards introducing club members to current CRW members. Applicants are highly encouraged to network with current and past workshop members leading up to the application due date.
- BUS F-428; 1.5 credits each semester, during the first 8 weeks of the fall and spring semesters after admittance to the CRW
- Apply through Handshake (Search Jobs for "Application | Kelley Undergraduate Commercial Real Estate Workshop"
- A resume and unofficial transcript will be required along with a completed application
- Resumes will be reviewed by current Workshop members.
- Interviews will be scheduled via Handshake
Workshop Time Commitment
The class meets the first eight weeks of the fall and spring semesters twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. In addition to regular class sessions, workshop members are required to attend IU Center for Real Estate Studies events including a fall Alumni Conference, a fall luncheon, and spring luncheon, an annual dinner in April, and Chicago company visits in August prior to the start of the fall semester.
Workshop Enrollment Questions?
For questions on workshop enrollment, please email Ksbfin@indiana.edu