Management majors help define corporate vision and strategy, achieving goals and ensuring the ability to compete globally. Our management majors have gone on to such companies as McKinsey & Co., Deloitte Consulting, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Ernst & Young.
Recommended Academies: Entrepreneurial Innovation, Supply Chain, or Consulting
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your electives and “outside” courses. BUS-J 501 is required for majors and minors. Only 1.5 credits in Emerging Markets Experience or 3.0 credits in GLOBASE can count towards the management major.
- Major electives: Select at least five elective courses.
- Outside courses: Select any four additional courses from the Outside Courses listed below.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least six credit hours are required. BUS-J 501 is required for minors.
- Minor electives: Select at least three elective courses.
|BUS-J 501 Developing Strategic Capabilities||Required|
|BUS-D 503 International Business Environment|
|BUS-D 504 Operations of International Business|
|BUS-D 594 International Competitive Strategy|
|BUS-D 595 International Management|
|BUS-J 522 Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation|
|BUS-W 505 Power, Persuasion, Influence & Negotiation|
|BUS-W 508 Social Entrepreneurship & Economic Development|
|BUS-W 511 Venture Strategy|
|BUS-W 532 Organization Design Alternatives|
|BUS-W 550 Management Consulting|
|BUS-W 579 Experimental Course: Plus Life Sciences Academy|
|BUS-Z 525 Organizational Behavior & Leadership|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation|
|BUS-A 576 Strategic Cost Management|
|BUS-F 508 Real Options in Capital Budgeting|
|BUS-F 520 Asset Valuation & Strategy|
|BUS-F 546 Corporate Financial Strategy|
|BUS-F 548 Corporate Governance & Restructuring|
|BUS-G 570 Thinking Strategically: Game Theory & Business Strategy|
|BUS-K 507 Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling|
|BUS-K 513 Data Mining|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 512 Marketing Strategy|
|BUS-M 513 Marketing Strategy Simulation|
|BUS-M 530 Business Marketing Strategy & Management|
|BUS-M 594 Global Marketing Management|
|BUS-P 506 Logistics & Distribution|
|BUS-P 507 Enterprise Resource Management|
|BUS-P 520 Strategic Sourcing|
|BUS-P 550 Business Process Design|
|BUS-P 561 Supply Chain Management & Technologies|
|BUS-S 523 Data Warehousing: Concepts & Management|
|BUS-X 574 GLOBASE: Field Study Course or BUS-X 576 Emerging Market Experience (EME) Field Study Course|