Business analytics majors leverage data to create more efficient business processes and more accurate performance reporting—helping businesses compete globally. If you have a penchant for mathematics, statistics, modeling, or information systems, you should consider a major or minor in business analytics.
Academies to consider: Strategic Finance, Consumer Marketing, or Supply Chain
- Major requirements: Select 15 credit hours total including your “outside” courses. All four required courses must be completed.
- Major electives: Select one of three tracks, then choose three courses from the electives for that track.
- Outside courses: Select any three additional courses. Choose any courses totaling 4.5 credit hours from Outside Courses, or from the other two tracks other than the track you have chosen.
- Minor requirements: A total of at least six credit hours are required. Three of the four required courses must be completed.
- Minor electives: You may choose the remaining required course, or any one of the Outside Courses listed below.
|Supply Chain Track||Minor||Outside Courses|
|BUS-K 507 Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling||Required|
|BUS-S 523 Data Warehousing: Concepts and Management
For 2016 graduates only:
BUS-K 579 Experimental Course: Data Integration, Analysis and Visualization
|BUS-K 513 An Introduction to Data Mining||Required|
|BUS-G 579 Experimental Course: Business Econometrics||Required|
|BUS-M 503 Applied Marketing Research|
|BUS-M 528 Dynamic Modeling of Customer Data|
|BUS-M 549 Marketing Intelligence Management|
|BUS-M 574 Pricing Management|
|BUS-F 508 Real Options in Capital Budgeting|
|BUS-F 520 Assett Valuation and Strategy|
|BUS-F 525 Corporate Financial Risk Management|
|BUS-F 526 Derivative Securities|
|BUS-F 540 The Firm in Capital Markets|
|BUS-F 541 Spreadsheet Models in Finance|
|BUS-P 506 Logistics and Distribution|
|BUS-P 512 Revenue Management|
|BUS-P 550 Business Process Design|
|BUS-P 561 Supply Chain Management|
|BUS-A 545 Introduction to Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation|
|BUS-A 546 Advanced Financial Statements Analysis & Valuation|
|BUS-A 564 Detecting Earnings Management|
|BUS-G 570 Thinking Strategically: Game Theory and Business Strategy|
|BUS-K 515 Application Development with Visual Basics (VBA)|
|BUS-K 579 Experimental Course: Data Integration, Analysis and Visualization|