Social Enterprise Engagement at Kelley (SEEK) expands the boundaries of business by empowering students to apply their professional and diverse skill sets in exploring the intersection between enterprise and social responsibility.
SEEK aims to:
- Exhibit rewarding ways to give back to the community through nontraditional initiatives
- Empower students to use their skills to make an impact and gain real-world experience
- Explore impactful career opportunities related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
SEEK student teams
SEEK provides opportunities for students to connect to socially responsible corporations through the following team initiatives:
- Speakers: This team hosts a guest speaker to come to IU and discuss aspects of social responsibility to a large student audience.
- Food for Thought: This initiative plans events for a small group of students to have a more intimate discussion with a guest professor or professional over dinner.
- Consulting Roundtables: The CR team creates a case with a socially responsible client and markets the event to students who can spend a few hours working with the client to find solutions to their business problems.
- Case Competitions: The CC initiative develops a case with a socially responsible client as well as markets and facilitates the case competition event. Note: this is the only event SEEK members cannot participate in due to the unethical distribution of SEEK funds if a SEEK member were to win.
- Communications: This team manages SEEK's website, social media pages, branding, and marketing strategy to SEEK events.
- iTeam: The iTeam deals with internal aspects, including data/resource management, attendance, as well as member engagement and education such as internal events or speakers for SEEK members only.