James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund
The James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund was established in 1985 to provide tuition-only scholarships to academically meritorious Kelley School of Business students who are pursuing majors in Entrepreneurship, Real Estate, or have experience running their own business.
- Enrolled Full-time at IU Bloomington (12+ credit hours per semester)
- Undergraduate business major
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Graduate of an Indiana High School (The donor intends recipients to be residents of Indiana for billing purposes)
- Junior or Senior class standing (also 3rd and 4th year students) during the award year
- Formally pursuing an undergraduate major in Entrepreneurship, Real Estate or having run his/her own business
- Minimum cumulative program GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Preference to candidates who have demonstrated school and community involvement and those who have a potential to succeed as an entrepreneur or in real estate in the state of Indiana
- The maximum award is $3,000 per semester, but recipients may qualify to receive less than this amount. If an applicant is already receiving sufficient scholarship and/or grant funding to cover his/her tuition, then no award can be offered, regardless of the candidate’s other qualifications.
- Potentially renewable if specific requirements are met. A new application must be submitted for renewal consideration
Submit the James W. Dye Scholarship Application (available March 17, 2023), along with one letter of recommendation*. All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 21, 2023. No late materials will be accepted.
* Recommenders should be neutral third parties -- employers or professional mentors -- with direct first hand knowledge of the applicant, their entrepreneurial experience, and their future goals related to entrepreneurship. Recommendations from peers, fellow students and family members are not considered acceptable.
Please note that Entrepreneurship Department faculty may serve on the selection committee and are therefore ineligible to provide letters of recommendation.
Selection decisions are announced during the summer, typically by the end of July.