James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund
The James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund was established in 1985 to provide tuition-only scholarships to academically meritorious Kelley School of Business students who are pursuing majors in Entrepreneurship, Real Estate, or have experience running their own business.
- Enrolled Full-time at IU Bloomington (12+ credit hours per semester)
- Undergraduate business major
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Graduate of an Indiana High School (The donor intends recipients to be residents of Indiana for billing purposes)
- Junior or Senior class standing (also 3rd and 4th year students) during the award year
- Formally pursuing an undergraduate major in Entrepreneurship, Real Estate or having run his/her own business
- Minimum cumulative program GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Preference to candidates who have demonstrated school and community involvement and those who have a potential to succeed as an entrepreneur or in real estate in the state of Indiana
- The maximum award is $3,000 per semester, but recipients may qualify to receive less than this amount. If an applicant is already receiving sufficient scholarship and/or grant funding to cover his/her tuition, then no award can be offered, regardless of the candidate’s other qualifications.
- Potentially renewable if specific requirements are met. A new application must be submitted for renewal consideration
Submit the James W. Dye Scholarship Application (available March 12, 2021), along with one letter of recommendation*. All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 23, 2021. No late materials will be accepted.
* Recommenders should be employers, mentors, or IU faculty/ staff who have direct first hand knowledge of the applicant, their entrepreneurial experience, and their future goals related to entrepreneurship. Recommendations from peers / fellow students are not considered acceptable.
Selection decisions are announced during the summer, typically by the end of July.