The Kelley admission courses and requirements you must meet in order to be considered for standard admission to Kelley are:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours of college coursework. For most students, this will require two semesters on the IU Bloomington campus. We include the credits from any college-level coursework on your transcript.
- Completion of at least 12-13.5 credit hours from the following courses on the IU Bloomington campus:
- BUS-K 201 or BUS-K 303
- Choose one additional option from this list: ENG-W 131*, BUS-C 104, BUS-C 204, BUS-L 201, or BUS-G202 AND BUS-D270
- Choose two additional options from this list: BUS-A 201, BUS-A 202, ECON-E 201, ECON-E 202, MATH-M 118*, MATH-M 119*, ECON-E 370*, or BUS-A 100 and BUS-G 202
*Equivalent courses for these classes exist on the IU Bloomington campus. See your advisor for more information.
To be automatically admitted to the Kelley School through standard admission, you must:
- Complete 12-13.5 credit hours (4-5 courses) of Kelley admission courses on the IU Bloomington campus (see above)
- Have 30 credit hours of college coursework on the transcript by the end of the semester in which you apply
- Earn grades of A's and B's, with no Ws (withdrawals), in all courses (a grade of B- does not meet this requirement)
- Achieve a 3.5 cumulative IU GPA by the end of the semester in which you apply (GPAs will not be rounded up)
- The admissions committee reviews grades in all courses, not just business courses. Graded courses that are taken pass/fail weaken an applicant's application; the Kelley Admissions Committee will consider any graded course that is taken pass/fail as a grade of B- or lower.
- Demonstrate commitment to your course load. Students with no W's in coursework have stronger applications.
Applying for Kelley Admission
Due to the COVID-19 Virus and the safety precautions taken by Indiana University, with transitioning all face to face classes to an online format, the Kelley School of Business admissions review committee has extended the standard admission application deadline. The application will now remain open until April 17, 2020, 11:59pm, should you have questions or concerns about the application process please email email@example.com. A Kelley Admissions representative will reach out to via email and can then set up a phone appointment or a virtual face to face appointment through ZOOM. We thank you for your patience.
Applications for admission will be accepted April 1 through April 17, 2020, for fall 2020 standard admission. If you do not receive the confirmation email within two hours of submitting your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Most students apply during the spring semester of their freshman year and receive notification about their admission in June. Admission decisions are made only after official grades are posted at the end of the application semester.
If your application does not meet automatic admission criteria, the admissions committee will review all other materials provided in your application, including but not limited to extracurricular activities, community service, and any work experience. Academic performance will weigh most heavily in the decision.