In the Tax Advisory Services Workshop, students learn about career opportunities in the tax profession and begin developing skills necessary to succeed as a tax professional. The Tax Advisory Services Workshop emphasizes experiential learning activities such as tax profession guest speakers and skill development, tax networking opportunities and field trips to key tax employers.
Workshop Application and Admission
Before admission to an accounting workshop, students will need to be enrolled in BUS-A 313 “Introduction to Careers in Accounting.” This 1.5-credit hour course will provide an overview of the broad set of career opportunities in accounting and enhance students’ communication and networking skills. BUS-A 313 is offered both in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Strong performance in BUS-A 100, BUS-A 304/307, BUS-A 306/309, and BUS-A 313.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Strong interest in accounting and understanding of various career paths within accounting.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities – engagement & leadership.
Applications are open Feb 14, 2023 – Mar 28, 2023
Decisions will be made near the end of March.
Required Pre-Workshop Courses
- BUS-A 313 Introduction to Careers in Accounting (1.5 credits)
- BUS-A 316 Tax Advisory Services Workshop (1.5 credits)