The Corporate Accounting Workshop’s mission is to introduce students to the various career opportunities for accountants in large organizations, including financial planning & analysis, business unit finance, financial reporting and advisory/consulting opportunities.
Workshop Application and Admission
Before admission to an accounting workshop, students will need to be enrolled in BUS-A 313 “Introduction to Careers in Accounting.” This 1.5-credit hour course will provide an overview of the broad set of career opportunities in accounting and enhance students’ communication and networking skills.
- Strong performance in BUS-A 100, BUS-A 304/307, BUS-A 306/309, and BUS-A 313.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Strong interest in accounting and understanding of various career paths within accounting.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities – engagement & leadership.
Applications are open mid February – mid March.
Decisions will be made near the end of March.
Required Pre-Workshop Courses
- BUS-A 313 Introduction to Careers in Accounting (1.5 credits)
- BUS-A 317 Corporate Accounting Workshop (1.5 credits)