- The CMW is a three-credit semester long industry exploration experience in spring semester currently scheduled 9am-noon on Fridays.
- Program consists of a consumer marketing boot camp, semester long sponsored case project, panels, speakers, site visits, and networking with top consumer marketing companies.
- We will travel to visit some of our corporate partners in Cincinnati, Columbus, and other cities.
- Partnering firms include P&G (Tide, Gillette, Pantene, Crest...), Scotts Miracle Grow,Conagra (Hunts, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Angie’s...), E&J Gallo Winery, Euromonitor, and more!
- Ongoing engagement: CMW members can stay connected to the workshop for the rest of their academic career and beyond though ongoing events scheduled throughout the academic calendar.
Workshop Application and Admission
Any Kelley undergraduate , but sophomores are given priority.
Good academic record and demonstrated interest in consumer marketing, such as AMA at IU membership or marketing related activities in other student organizations, are requirements.
First round applications are open from Sept 18, 2023 – October 1, 2023.
Interviews will be held in early October for students advancing to the second round. All students will be informed of decisions in mid-October before registration ends.
Interviews will be scheduled after online applications are reviewed. Interviews should be complete by mid-October. Student will be informed of decisions in October before registration.
- BUS-M 331: Consumer Marketing Workshop (3 credits)
Additional Recommended Coursework
- M303 Marketing Research (3 credits, required for Marketing Major)*
- M346 Analysis of Marketing Data (3 credits, required for Marketing Major)*
- M355 Topics in Marketing (Brand Management Practicum, 3 credits)
- M405 Consumer Behavior (3 credits)
- M415 Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications (3 credits)
- M428 CRM and Digital Analytics (3 credits)*
- M431 Brand Management (Spring semester only, 1.5 credits)
Workshop Time Commitment
The class is currently scheduled to meet Fridays 9am-noon during the spring semester. There will also be a few site visits to companies on Fridays that take the entire day. Time commitment will be similar to other 3-credit electives.