With a launch in Fall of 2022 the Assurance and Risk Advisory Workshop focuses on introducing students to a variety of career paths in assurance and risk advisory, including financial statement and internal control audit, ESG and other assurance, internal audit, internal controls, information systems, forensic/fraud, etc. Students will learn the important role of audit, assurance, and internal controls in business and society. The workshop will emphasize experiential learning activities including professional guest speakers, professional skills development, networking and field trips to key accounting employers.
Workshop Application and Admission
Before admission to an accounting workshop, students will need to be enrolled in BUS-A 313 “Introduction to Careers in Accounting.” This 1.5-credit hour course provides an overview of the broad set of career opportunities in accounting and enhances students’ communication and networking skills.
- Strong performance in BUS-A 100, BUS-A 304/307, BUS-A 306/309, and BUS-A 313.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Strong interest in understanding various career paths within accounting and pursuing a career in accounting.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities; demonstration of engagement and leadership.
Applications are open mid-February until mid-March.
Decisions will be made near the end of March.
Required Pre-Workshop Courses
- BUS-A 313 Introduction to Careers in Accounting (1.5 credits)
- BUS-A 315 Assurance and Risk Advisory Workshop (1.5 credits)