Build career momentum through hands-on experience.
In addition to a major, all Kelley MBA students choose a first-year Academy. Through your Academy, you’ll develop marketable skills through professional experience, all designed to position you for long-term career success.
First-year Academy options include:
- Business Marketing
- Capital Markets
- Consumer Marketing
- Strategic Finance
- Supply Chain and Digital Enterprise
- PLUS Life Sciences
No matter which Academy you choose, you’ll gain valuable experience and a deeper understanding of the industry that interests you. The exposure to industry leaders and recruiters enables you to determine whether work in this industry aligns with your goals, strengths and interests. Your career network begins expanding before your internship even begins. Benefits from this unique Academy experience include:
- Academy activities: With company-based consulting projects, leadership opportunities, nationwide corporate visits, and networking with industry veterans—your Academy will give you the career-related experience recruiters look for.
- Your Academy director: More than merely academic, your director is an expert in the field and your one-on-one mentor.
- Your career coach: With industry experience and a recruiter’s perspective, your Academy career coach will work with you to perfect your personal brand and career trajectory.
- Your peer coach: These top second-year students provide feedback and motivation based upon their experiences at school and beyond. And, in your second year, you can become a peer coach—further developing your own leadership and career focus.