Current IU Students
Now that you’ve got a year of college experience under your belt, pursue standard admission to Kelley.
Whether you’ve known from your first day as an IU student that you wanted to earn a degree from the Kelley Undergraduate Program, or you’ve only recently discovered your passion for business, we’re excited to have you join us.
Standard admission into Kelley gives you a powerful advantage when it comes to acceptance into Kelley: we don’t care about your ACT scores from high school.
This is a new chapter of your life, and we’re only looking at what you’ve done since you’ve been at IU.
Here are the admission curriculum requirements you must meet in order to be considered for the fall 2015 semester:
- Completion of 26 hours of college course work. For most students, this will require two semesters on the IU Bloomington campus.
- Consistent B performance across all courses. Note that a B– does not meet this requirement. The admissions committee reviews grades in all courses, not just business courses.
- Graded courses that are taken for pass/fail weaken an applicant’s application. The Kelley Admissions Committee will consider any graded course that is taken pass/fail as a grade of B- or lower.
- A demonstrated commitment to course load. Students with no W's in course work have stronger applications.
- Completion of at least 12 credit hours from the following courses on the IU Bloomington campus:
- BUS-K 201 or BUS-X 201
- Choose one additional option from this list: ENG-W 131*, BUS-C 104, BUS-C 204, BUS-L 201, or BUS-G202 AND BUS-D270
- Choose two additional options from this list: BUS-A 201, BUS-A 202, ECON-E 201, ECON-E 202, MATH-M 118*, MATH-M 119*, ECON-E 370*, OR BUS-A 100 AND BUS-G 202
*Equivalent courses for these classes exist on the IU Bloomington campus. See your advisor for more information.
Your involvement with extracurricular activities, community service, and any work experience you have are considered by the committee, but academic performance weighs most heavily in the decision.
Note: Applications for admission will start being accepted February 2 - April 3, 2015 for fall 2015 admission. If you do not receive the confirmation email within two hours of submitting your application please email email@example.com. Most students apply during the spring semester of their freshman year and receive notification about their admission in June. Admission decisions are made only after official grades are posted at the end of the application semester.
Current international students
Some international students will test into second language studies courses (SLST) for the purpose of English language improvement.
If this is the case, you must complete these courses before your application to Kelley is reviewed.