The Young Women’s Institute introduces young women to the college experience and business career opportunities. Students are selected from around the country to spend a week at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. While at IU, students:
- Participate in workshops with top Kelley School of Business faculty
- Interact with Kelley alumni and current students
- Prepare a real-world business case project
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Connect with like-minded women interested in business
The Young Women’s Institute is a selective program open to women finishing their junior year of high school (rising seniors).
A minimum GPA of a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale is required, and factors such as extracurricular involvement and application essays will influence selection decisions. (Please consider exploring other IU pre-college summer programs if you do not meet these criteria.)
Funding and Travel
The Young Women’s Institute is funded by the Kelley School of Business Undergraduate Program and corporate partner EY. Participants need to cover only transportation to and from Bloomington and personal expenses. All other program costs will be covered.