Earn the finance skills companies want—and need
As a Kelley MS in Finance (MSF) student, you will gain critical expertise in finance while developing your business and professional skills. You will be uniquely qualified to help companies navigate the increasingly complex financial environment in which they operate.
Students in the Kelley MS in Finance program will graduate prepared to:
- Craft and execute innovative financial strategies and solutions for their organizations
- Provide financial acumen, insight, and discipline to business managers and clients
- Effectively participate in global financial markets
Complete the program in 10 or 11 months
Students can complete the full-time, in-residence Kelley MS in Finance program in 10 months (July through May) or 11 months (June through May) depending on if they are required to take the Business Foundations boot camp that takes place in June.
- Students who have an undergraduate business major or minor may be able to complete the program in 10 months.
- Students who have a nonbusiness major or minor or those on F-1 visas, please complete the pre-application advising form to meet with MSF admissions staff and determine if Business Foundations is required. Business Foundations provides a one-month review of business topics, including financial accounting, data modeling, and economics.
Professional skills and flexibility
The Kelley MS in Finance program is distinguished by the attention it pays to career development in addition to intensive financial training. In addition to continual programmed engagement with Graduate Career Services, the program includes a course in professional development, a practicum course that intensifies practical financial sophistication, and a capstone project-consulting course.
The program also offers tremendous flexibility to cater to students' diverse career interests. As much as half the program consists of directed finance electives, allowing the student to design a bespoke curriculum aimed at corporate finance careers or financial market careers.
These electives are built on a solid foundation delivered through two core experiences. The summer Finance Core is a concentrated immersion in basic financial economics and introduces students to the foundational principles of finance, including the concepts of complete markets, no-arbitrage pricing, and market efficiency while also covering key topics in accounting, modeling, corporate valuation and professional development. The seven-week fall core continues this foundational development with courses in accounting, asset pricing, spreadsheet modeling, and corporate finance valuation.