The Real Estate Private Equity Program (IUREPE) provides a unique opportunity for highly motivated students in the IU real estate program to learn how to manage all aspects of a private real estate investment fund.
Firsthand investment management opportunities for future real estate leaders
Ben Shugar, BS’21, finance, IUREPE Associate
I’ve gained technical skills, industry knowledge, operational experience, and the confidence to hit the ground running in any entry-level real estate investment role.
Catherine Covey, BS’21, finance, real estate, IUREPE Associate
By collaborating with driven peers and supportive faculty, I’ve gotten firsthand experience in operational management, investor relations, and deal flow analysis.
Sam Pittman, BS’21, finance, real estate, IUREPE Associate
Participating in the Real Estate Private Equity Program closed the knowing-doing gap in my academic experience, preparing me to succeed as a professional.
Experiential learning builds career momentum
The Real Estate Private Equity Program provides opportunities for students to:
- Manage all aspects of a real estate private equity firm through a hands-on approach to day-to-day and strategic operations
- Perform the analysis on and execution of actual transactions with real capital involved
- Focus on a strategy pursuing direct investments across property types, markets, and various positions in the capital structure of potential opportunities
- Gain critical abilities in capital raising and fund formation, deal and investment partner sourcing, underwriting, and asset management
- Present potential investment opportunities to an Investment Committee made up of IU real estate alumni for approval
- Accelerate their career paths through acquiring skills typically gained through two years of experience on the job
Real Estate Private Equity
Students enroll in Real Estate Private Equity I and II (BUS-F455, taken in subsequent semesters) in conjunction with their participation in IUREPE, exploring topics including:
- Real estate private equity investing fundamentals
- Real estate private equity fund formation, fundraising, fund reporting, and investor relations
- Asset management
- Real estate private equity fund accounting and finance
- Investment strategy formulation and research