If you will be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior in the summer of 2024 and are interested in experiencing the intersection of business, language, and culture—this two-week program is for you. This intensive experience, presented by IU CIBER (the Indiana University Center for International Business Education and Research) will bring to life the phrase “business is global.”
June 23—July 6
- Sunday, June 23: Participants travel to Indiana University- Bloomington and orientation begins.
- Typical weekday: Weekdays will be divided into two-day sections that will focus on the languages and cultures of the included languages. Mornings will include a business session and a language session. Afternoon sessions will be primarily interactive and experiential and will include regional culture sessions, as well as political and business climate sessions. This time will also include group discussions, career information sessions, and cultural and region-specific activities. Participants will also work on a team project that will be presented on the final day of the program.
- Saturday, July 6: Present final group projects in the morning. There will also be a closing reception in the early afternoon to officially end the program. Families are welcome to attend this reception.
Students will depart the program following the closing reception on Saturday afternoon.
Throughout the two-week program, you will:
- Learn about the cultures and communication styles of these language regions.
- Gain a basic understanding of the business practices of the United State and the targeted regions through an accelerated curriculum based on the Kelley School of Business’s top-ranked undergraduate program. These sessions introduce business vocabulary, provide a general overview of how businesses operate, and demonstrate how current events impact international business.
- Develop networking, collaboration, and professional skills that will set you apart from others.
- Explore the beautiful campus of Indiana University and learn about all it has to offer.
Apply using the online application.
What you'll learn
In 2024, you'll be introduced to the less-commonly taught foreign languages spoken in these dynamic economies:
- Arabic: Middle East and North Africa
- Brazilian Portuguese: Brazil
- Korean: East Asia
- Russian: Eastern Europe and Russia
- Zulu: South Africa
Summer 2024 Session Details
The all-inclusive program fee of $1,900 includes food, lodging, and classroom materials during the two-week program, as well as access to countless resources on the IU campus and a variety of planned cultural activities and entertainment.
Need-based CIBER scholarships are available. See below for details.
How to apply
Deadline: April 14, 2024
All application materials, including the scholarship application and all supporting materials (letter of recommendation and registrar request for records form) must be completed and submitted by April 14, 2024.
Application Criteria: Open to Rising High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
The summer program is designed specifically for rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in learning more about less commonly taught languages, international business fundamentals, and the cultures of economies around the world.
The all-inclusive $1,900 program fee includes food, lodging and classroom materials during the two-week program, as well as access to countless resources on the IU campus and a variety of planned cultural activities and entertainment. Scholarships are available.
Apply using the online application.
Letter of recommendation
Ask a teacher to write a letter of recommendation. The letter is a required part of the application process and is due by April 14, 2024. Include the name and e-mail address of the teacher when completing the application and we will send the online form directly to them.
Apply for full need-based scholarships using the online Scholarship Application form. Need-based scholarship: $1,900 (based on the Scholarship Application form and proven eligibility for free/reduced lunch as indicated on the Request for Records form.
Experience Business Is Global
Description of the video:
Make new friends, learn about other cultures, and live on a college campus.
You get so much out of this program. You are introduced to different cultures. You get to learn the basics in business. You get to meet all these amazing professors, and you get to experience IU.
Ashton, high school student
Provide a Business Is Global scholarship
Want to help a first-generation student explore the possibilities of the IU and Kelley experience? Kelley Global would like to make this program fully supported through corporate and individual donations. A full program scholarship is $1,900 and will cover one student with substantial financial needs. Donations of any size are welcomed.