At CBLS, we are taking advantage of the wealth of real-world life sciences knowledge all around us through our Industry Advisory Board. The board directly advises the school through its meetings and other communications with the CBLS director.
This volunteer board is composed of executives and leaders working in life sciences companies willing to share their experiences across the broad life sciences value chain. Their input is vital as the Kelley School positions itself to become a leader in the business education of people involved with the life sciences.
The Kelley School of Business benefits greatly from its industry advisory board members. In a variety of ways the board helps the school:
- obtain a wider and deeper array of life sciences industry contacts
- gain a greater ability to “tap into” industry expertise for teaching, research, and outreach
- access potential funding sources
- recruit business leaders to participate in future conferences
- generate internship and job placement opportunities for Kelley students
The board meets twice a year, normally in Indianapolis and usually associated with the timing of Indiana Life Sciences Collaboration Conference series. The board directly advises the school through these meetings and other communications with CBLS.
The CBLS Industry Advisory Board is small but active with no more than 20 regular members. We create positions for associate members related to special projects. Although most of our members are from Indiana or the Midwest, we seek diversity. Our members:
- represent the broad life sciences value chain
- are a mix of seasoned industry experts and leaders, active alumni, and friends
- come from both large and smaller firms and a variety of occupations: finance, marketing, science, and so on