2. Legal and Ethical Analysis
Define the legal and ethical implications of business decisions and their impact on multiple stakeholders.
- SLO 2.1: Identify the relevant legal constraints governing specific domains of business decision making (e.g., marketing, human resources, accounting, finance).
- SLO 2.2: Explain the importance of ethical standards in sustainable business practices.
- SLO 2.3: Analyze the ethical implications of business decisions.
- SLO 2.4: Analyze the impact of business decision making on multiple stakeholders (e.g., customers, employees, communities, investors).
3. Core Business Knowledge and Analytical Skills
Understand and apply functional business concepts and analytical tools (quantitative and qualitative).
- SLO 3.1: Explain and apply the core concepts of the functional business disciplines (e.g., accounting, finance, operations, marketing, strategy).
- SLO 3.2: Apply analytical tools (quantitative and qualitative) to the solution of business problems.
- SLO 3.3: Collect, analyze and interpret data to improve business decision making.
4. Communications Skills
Express ideas clearly in multiple formats: written, oral, numerical, visual.
- SLO 4.1: Communicate in a variety of written formats.
- SLO 4.2: Communicate in a variety of oral formats.
5. Leadership and Collaboration
Understand and apply strategies for working effectively with others with diverse perspectives, either in a leadership role or as part of a team.
- SLO 5.1: Explain and apply the principles and theories of effective leadership.
- SLO 5.2: Explain how to work effectively with other individuals with diverse backgrounds, personalities and perspectives.
- SLO 5.3: Explain and apply principles of effective teamwork and collaboration.
6. Macro-environmental Understanding
Understand macro-environmental forces and how they influence the competitive environment and business decisions.
- SLO 6.1: Explain important changes in the macro-environment (economic, social, demographic, technological, regulatory) that affect business.
- SLO 6.2: Analyze the how specific macro-environmental changes translate into strategic opportunities and threats that need to be addressed in business decision making.
Vers. 2, rev. April 2020