2. Integrative Global Perspective
Demonstrate how various external forces in the global economy shape management alternatives, strategies and operational decisions.
3. Leadership and Effective Team Collaboration
- SLO 2.1: Analyze how specific global and macro-level changes present both threats and strategic opportunities to a business situation.
- SLO 2.2: Summarize the cross-functional aspects of unstructured problems.
- SLO 2.3: Develop economically viable solutions to a given business problem or situation in the competitive global environment.
Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills for effective management decision making, considering stakeholder views of diverse cultural, ethnic, and economic groups.
- SLO 3.1: Define the principles and theories of effective leadership.
- SLO 3.2: Apply the principles of effective teamwork and collaboration.
- SLO 3.3: Explain how effective collaboration with individuals of diverse backgrounds, personalities and perspectives can be achieved in the business context.
4. Ethical Decision Making
Recognize ethical and related legal issues in domestic and international environments and formulate, articulate and defend alternative solutions.
- SLO 4.1: Identify ethical issues in a given business situation.
- SLO 4.2: Analyze a given ethical issue using analytical frameworks.
- SLO 4.3: Select and defend best solution(s) to ethical dilemmas.
5. Effective Communication
Express ideas and facts effectively in a variety of oral, written and visual communications.
- SLO 5.1: Write formal reports, memos and emails that are clear, concise, compelling, audience-centered and grammatically correct.
- SLO 5.2: Speak in formal presentations, meetings, and interviews in a clear, concise, compelling, grammatically correct, and audience-centered manner.
6. Professional Skills and Personal Development
Develop an actionable plan for individual career and professional skills development.
- SLO 6.1: Identify personal interests and aptitudes based on formal assessments and articulate the implications for one’s career choice(s).
- SLO 6.2: Identify appropriate career choices, explain the associated background requirements and articulate viable paths for advancement in that career.
- SLO 6.3: Identify the tradeoffs for each career choice and explain how a chosen career path matches student aptitudes and circumstances.
- SLO 6.4: Develop a career management plan encompassing professional and career development.
Vers. 2, rev. April 2020