2. Accounting Research
The ability to research accounting and tax problems using professional standards, online accounting research tools, and professional guidance publications.
- SLO 2.1: Identify appropriate accounting and tax standards and interpretations for solving accounting and tax issues.
- SLO 2.2: Access statutory and interpretive resources available for researching accounting and taxation issues.
- SLO 2.3: Apply research resources to accounting and taxation problems.
3. Critical Thinking
The ability to analyze and integrate complex accounting and tax issues in order to make informed decisions.
- SLO 3.1: Formulate solutions to complex core accounting and tax issues, based on supportable facts, standards, and laws.
- SLO 3.2: Evaluate alternative solutions to the complex accounting and tax issues and determine the benefits and drawbacks of each possible solution.
4. Communications Skills
The ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner in both written and oral form.
- SLO 4.1: Articulate the complex accounting and tax questions to be analyzed.
- SLO 4.2: Articulate solutions to accounting and tax problems.
- SLO 4.3: Explain, in written and oral form, the logic underlying how and why decisions about accounting and tax issues were made.
5. Professional Responsibilities and Professional Development
Demonstrate an appreciation of professional responsibilities and ethical decision making in accounting and tax settings.
- SLO 5.1: Identify the various laws, standards, and codes of professional responsibility for accounting and tax professionals.
- SLO 5.2: Describe the nature of common ethical dilemmas in accounting and taxation and the professional’s responsibility in these cases.
Vers. 2, rev. April 2020