BUS-M431 Brand Management
- 16 weeks
- 3 credits
- Prerequisite(s): BUS-M 370 or BUS-M 304 with grade of C or higher
Brand management is a central function in many consumer firms. This course will provide an overview of brand management and its role in fostering growth within firms. We will develop the notion that brands are assets that need to be developed and nurtured to fulfill the organization’s financial goals. We will use various frameworks and tools to examine how to assess a brand’s value and how to leverage this value in various brand decisions.
This course will help students:
* Develop a framework for structuring brand management decisions;
* Be able to use different approaches to assessing brand equity;
* Know how to leverage brand assets through extensions, co-branding and other methods, and assess the impact of these actions; and
* Understand the concept of brand architecture and be able to explain the conditions under which one type of architecture is more appropriate than another.