What Truly Makes Us Happy Video
Kelley faculty presenter: Nichole Alspaugh Williams, Ed.S, LMHC, NCC
We’re pleased you’ve chosen to explore positive psychology. In this video, you’ll explore research-proven habits that boost levels of personal and professional happiness. After watching the video, practice what you’ve learned by implementing these habits this week:
- Return to your gratitude journal using these prompts:
- Begin or end your day by writing about three things for which you’re grateful.
- Spend one minute reflecting on each one.
- Write about one thing that upset you. How might this be a blessing in disguise? How may you turn it into an advantage? What could be good about it?
- Limit the time you spend on social media to 30 minutes maximum.
- Savor one thing each day. Write about it in your journal.
- Meditate for five minutes each day. Consider using resources such as Headspace, Calm, or YouTube to aid your practice.
Interested to learn more?
This free video is proudly sponsored by the Kelley School of Business Alumni Association. We hope you find this and our other free videos and webinars useful as we navigate these challenging times together.
More professional development opportunities for Kelley alumni and friends
The Kelley School offers career and professional development resources, such as digital badges and personalized coaching, to keep you on top of your game.
Alumni receive discounts on open enrollment certificates offered through Kelley School of Business Executive Education. Certificates are flexible in pricing and instructional format and address high-demand topics.