“The Ripple Effect”
Kelley faculty presenter: Nichole Alspaugh Williams, Ed.S, LMHC, NCC
We’re pleased you’ve chosen to explore positive psychology. In this video, you’ll explore ways to design your environment to support your overall happiness. After watching the video, explore these recommended resources:
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- IU Alumni Association Leadership Book Club
- The Panda Planner VIA
- “The Science of Well-Being” by Dr. Laurie Santos, available on Coursera
Nichole Alspaugh Williams recommends making these habits a daily part of your routine, choose the activities that you found most effective for you:
- Continue with your gratitude journal using these prompts:
- Begin or end your day by writing about three things for which you’re grateful.
- Spend one minute reflecting on each one.
- Write about one thing that upset you. How might this be a blessing in disguise? How may you turn it into an advantage? What could be good about it?
- Use your character strengths.
- Practice regular gratitude visits.
- Limit social media use to 30 minutes per day.
- Meditate for five minutes each day. Consider using resources such as Headspace, Calm, or YouTube to aid your practice.
Interested to learn more?
This free video is proudly sponsored by the Kelley School of Business Alumni Association. We hope you find this and our other free videos and webinars useful as we navigate these challenging times together.
More professional development opportunities for Kelley alumni and friends
The Kelley School offers career and professional development resources, such as digital badges and personalized coaching, to keep you on top of your game.
Alumni receive discounts on open enrollment certificates offered through Kelley School of Business Executive Education. Certificates are flexible in pricing and instructional format and address high-demand topics.