Areas of Expertise
Industrial Organization, Applied Econometrics, Productivity, Market Integration
- Ph.D., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 2015
- B.A. in Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2008
- General Course, London School of Economics, 2007
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business: Assistant Professor; July 2015—present
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Economic Research: Associate Economist; 2008—2010
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Rising Star Award, International Industrial Organization Conference, 2015
- Kellogg School of Management Graduate Fellowship, 2010
- Butters, R. A. (2020). Demand Volatility, Adjustment Costs, and Productivity: An Examination of Capacity Utilization in Hotels and Airlines. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 12(4), 1-44.
- Butters, R. A. (2019). On Demand Uncertainty in the Newsvendor Model. Economics Letters, 185.
- Brave, S., Butters, R. A., and Justiniano, A. (2019). Forecasting Economic Activity with Mixed Frequency Bayesian VARs. International Journal of Forecasting, 35(4), 1692-1707.
- Butters, R. A., and Spulber, D. (2015). Market Integration through Factor Price Equalization: Evidence from the Electric Power Market. Working paper.
- Brave, S., and Butters, R. A. (2012). Diagnosing the Financial System: Financial Conditions and Financial Stress. International Journal of Central Banking, 8(2), 191-239.
Edited on July 3, 2023