Areas of Expertise
Corporate Social Responsibility, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Data Science and Analytics, Business Innovation, and Disruptive Technology
- PhD in Business Administration (Operations Management), Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- BA in International Politics and Relations, University of Western Ontario
- HBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Lilly Alumni MBA Teaching Excellence Award, 2021
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award Winner, 2020
- Top 40 Business Professors Under 40 by the Poets & Quants, 2019
- MBA Teaching Award Winner, Kelley School of Business, 2020, 2019, 2018
- Top 40 under 40, Indiana Business Journal, 2019
- IMBA, Full Time MBA, Teaching Excellence Award, IE Business School, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 (eleven awards overall)
- Honorable Mention – Page Prize for Sustainability Issues in Business Curricula, 2013
- Nominated as Professor of the Year for the Economist Intelligence Unit, 2012
- Selected as Professor of the Week by the Financial Times, July 21, 2011
- Guest Host - CNBC Worldwide Exchange, CNBC, 2010
- Awaysheh, A., Frohlic, M., Flynn, B. B., and Flynn, P. (2021). To Err is Human: Exploratory Multi-Level Analysis of Supply Chain Delivery Delays. Journal of Operations Management, 67(7), 882-916.
- Ketokivi, M., Bromiley, P., and Awaysheh, A. (2021). Making Theoretically Informed Choices in Specifying Panel-Data Models. Production and Operations Management Journal, 30(7), 2069-2076.
- Awaysheh, A., Heron, R. A., Perry, T., and Wilson, J. I. (2020). On the Relation Between CSR and Financial Performance. Strategic Management Journal, 41(6), 965-987 (lead article).
- Luffarelli, J., and Awaysheh, A. (2018). The Impact of Indirect Corporate Social Performance Signals on Firm Value: Evidence from an Event Study. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 25(3), 295-310.
- Shafiq, A., Awaysheh, A., Klassen, R.D., and Johnson, P.F. (2014). Socially Responsible Practices: Using Stakeholder Theory for Scale Development. Decision Sciences Journal, 45(4), 683-716.
Edited on June 21, 2021