Areas of Expertise
Product recall, Innovation, Customer Complaints, Customer Experience, Chatbot, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Data Breach, Firm Bankruptcy, Geopolitical Risk, Political Risk, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Ph.D. in Business, Ivey Business School, U of Western Ontario, Canada, 2014-2018
- M.S. in Business, Wisconsin School of Business, U of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012-2014
- MBA, Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow, India, 2009-2012
- Bachelor of Technology (Computer Engg.), Aligarh Muslim U, India, 1996-2000
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, 2018-present
- Adjunct Research Professor, Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario, Canada, 2018-present
- Visiting Scholar, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, January 2018-March 2018
- Astvansh, V., and Jindal, N. (2022). Differential Effects of Received Trade Credit and Provided Trade Credit on Firm Value. Production and Operations Management, 31(2), 781–798. View Full Text
- Astvansh, V., Ball, G., and Josefy, M. (2022). The Recall Decision Exposed: Auto Recall Timing and Process Dataset. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 24(3), 1457-1473.
- Astvansh, V., Habib, A., and Deng, W. (2022). Research: When Geopolitical Risk Rises, Innovation Stalls. Harvard Business Review, March. View Full Text
- Astvansh, V., Wang, Y.-Y., and Shi, W. (2022). The Effects of the News Media on a Firm’s Voluntary Product Recalls. Production and Operations Management, in press.
Edited on August 4, 2022