1309 E. 10th Street
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing and Macro Finance
- Visiting scholar, University of Pennsylvania, 2011 - 2013
- Ph.D. in Finance, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2009 – 2013
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- “Dissecting Bankruptcy Frictions”, Winner of Jacobs Levy Center Outstanding Research Paper Prize, 2020
- Kelley School of Business Research Award 2017, Indiana University
- “Durable Goods, Inflation Risk, and Equilibrium Asset Prices”, Best Paper Award in Asset Pricing, Midwest Finance Association Meeting (MFA), 2012
- “Bid Anticipation, Information Revelation, and Merger Gains”, Semi-Finalist, Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance, Financial Management Association Meeting (FMA), 2012
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Wang, W., Celik, M., and Tian, X. (2022). Acquiring Innovation Under Information Frictions. Review of Financial Studies, 35(10), 4474–4517.
- Goldman, E., and Wang, W. (2021). Weak Governance by Informed Large Shareholders. Review of Financial Studies, 34(2), 661–699.
- Dou, W., Taylor, L., Wang, Wei, and Wang, Wenyu (2021). Dissecting Bankruptcy Frictions. Editor’s choice, Journal of Financial Economics, 142(3), 975-1000.
- Wang, W., and Wu, Y. (2020). Managerial Control Benefits and Takeover Market Efficiency. Journal of Financial Economics, 136(3), 857-878.
- Chu, Y., Tian, X., and Wang, W. (2019). Corporate Innovation along the Supply Chain. Management Science, 65(6), 2445-2466.
- Wang, W. (2018). Bid Anticipation, Information Revelation, and Merger Gains. Journal of Financial Economics, 128(2), 320-343.
- Li, D., Taylor, L., and Wang, W. (2017). Inefficiencies and Externalities from Opportunistic Acquirers. Journal of Financial Economics, 130(2), 265-290.
- Fang, V., Huang, A., and Wang, W. (2017). Imperfect Accounting and Reporting Biases. Journal of Accounting Research, 55(4), 919-962.
- Eraker, B., Shaliastovich, I., and Wang, W. (2016). Durable Goods, Inflation Risk and Equilibrium Asset Prices. Review of Financial Studies, 29(1), 193-231.
Edited on February 3, 2023