Areas of Expertise
Data lifecycle management, Data visualization, Predictive analytics, Semiotics and database design, Cognitive aspects of data management, Data governance
- PhD, University of Arizona, 2002
- MBA, Management Studies, University of Bombay, 1994
- BE, Electronics, Malaviya Regional Engineering College, 1992
- Associate Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2008–present
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2002–2008
- Assistant Consultant/Consultant, IBM Consulting Group, India, 1995–1997
- Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, India, 1994–1995
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- 2011 Provost's Award for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity, Indiana University
- 2011 Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2010, Trustees' Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2008 Harry C. Sauvain Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business.
- 2006 and 2007, Outstanding MSIS Faculty Award, awarded by the graduating MSIS Class.
- 2005 and 2008, Nominated for the best paper award at HICSS in the "Collaboration Systems and Technology" track.
- 2007 Finalist for the best paper award for "Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context" by the Decision Sciences Journal.
- 2003 SBC Fellow, Indiana University.
- 2000 Jim L. LaSalle Award for Teaching Excellence by a Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Management Information Systems, University of Arizona.
- Khatri, V., Ram, S., Snodgrass, R. T., and Terenziani, P. (2014). Capturing Telic/Atelic Temporal Data Semantics: Generalizing Conventional Conceptual Models. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 26(3), 528-548.
- Khatri, V., and Brown, C. V. (2010). Designing Data Governance. Communications of the ACM, 53(1), 148-152.
- Montoya, M., Massey, A. P., and Khatri, V. (2010). Connecting IT Service Operations to Service Marketing Practices: Trust in IT Service Providers. Journal of Management Information Systems, 26(4), 65-85.
- Massey, A. P., Khatri, V., and Montoya-Weiss, M. (2007). Usability of Online Services: The Role of Technology Readiness and Context. Decision Sciences, 38(2), 277-308.
- Khatri, V., Vessey, I., Ram, S., and Venkataraman, R. (2006). Cognitive Fit between Conceptual Models and Internal Problem Representations: The Case of Geospatio-Temporal Conceptual Schema Comprehension. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 49(2), 109-127.
- Khatri, V., Vessey, I., Ramesh, V., Clay, P., and Park, S. (2006). Understanding Conceptual Schemas: Exploring the Role of Application and IS Domain Knowledge. Information Systems Research, 17(1), 81-99.
- Ram, S., and Khatri, V. (2005). A Comprehensive Framework for Modeling Set-based Business Rules during Conceptual Database Design. Information Systems, 30(2), 89-118.
- Khatri, V., Ram, S., and Snodgrass, R. T. (2004). Augmenting a Conceptual Model with Geo-spatio-temporal Annotations. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 16(11), 1324-1338.
Edited on August 1, 2022