Areas of Expertise
Digital marketing, social media, branding, consumer engagement, online complimenting behavior and innovations in marketing education
- Doctor of Business Administration, Marketing, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 2020
- Doctor of Philosophy, Higher Education Administration, University of Connecticut, 1998
- Honors Bachelor of Science, Human Biology, University of Toronto, 1993
- Clinical Associate Professor of Marketing, Indiana University Kelley School of Business, 2020-present
- Visiting Professor of Marketing, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, 2019-2020
- Tenured Full Professor of Marketing, Aurora University, 2007-2019 (Assoc. 2009-2016, Asst. 2007-2009)
- Director of Grad Programs, Aurora University, School of Business & Public Policy, 2016-2017
- Assistant Professor of Business Management, University of Pittsburgh – Bradford, 2004-2007
- Vice President for Enrollment Management, Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Toccoa Falls College, 2001-2003
- Vice President for Enrollment Management, Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Finlandia University, 1998-2001
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- MEA Conference Best Refereed Paper Award, 2022
- MMA Spring Conference Best Paper Award - Marketing Education Track, 2022
- MEA Conference Best Refereed Paper Award, 2021
- MMA Spring Conference Best Refereed Paper Award, 2021
- MMA Fall Conference Best Refereed Paper Award, 2020
- AMA Summer Educators’ Conference Best Paper Award - Marketing Education and Teaching Innovation Track, 2012
- MMA Spring Conference Best Paper Award - Marketing Education Track, 2012
- Cengage Learning MMA Fall Educators’ Conference Best Refereed Paper Award, 2011
- ACME AxcessCapon Teaching Innovation Competition Winner, 2021
- MMA Hormel Foods Master Teacher Award, 2014
- AMS Lamb-Hair-McDaniel Outstanding Marketing Teacher Award, 2013
- SMA St. Mary’s U. Distinguished Teacher Competition Winner, 2012
- AMA Pearson Prentice Hall Solomon-Marshall-Stuart Award for Innovative Excellence in Marketing Education Winner, 2012
- SMA Pride-Ferrell Cengage Innovations in Teaching Competition Winner, 2010
- Vander Schee, B. A., and DeLong, D. (2022). What motivates marketing educators to attend in-person and virtual academic conferences in a time of pandemic pedagogy? Journal of Marketing Education, 44(2), 250-264.
- Vander Schee, B. A., Andrews, D., and Stovall, T. (2022). Senior business consultant project: Giving advice while gaining other awareness and career competency. Journal of Education for Business, in press.
- Syrdal, H. A., Vander Schee, B. A., VanMeter, R. A., and Woodroof, J. P. (2022). The pedagogy of vulnerability and marketing education: Cultivating self-expansion in a time of separation. Journal of Marketing Education, in press.
- DeLong, D., and Vander Schee, B. A. (2022). Transitioning to remote teams in Principles of Marketing: An exploratory psychometric assessment of team role effects on face-to-face and online team performance. Journal of Education for Business, 97(2), 357-364.
- Vander Schee, B. A., and Birrittella, T. D. (2021). Hybrid and online peer group grading: Adding assessment efficiency while maintaining perceived fairness. Marketing Education Review,31(4), 275-283.
- Vander Schee, B. A., Andrews, D., and Stovall, T. (2021). Enhancing first-year student course experience with virtual team support from senior marketing majors. Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 29(1), 21-28.
- VanMeter, R. A., and Vander Schee, B. A. (2021). MerchMeNot: Applying merchandising concepts with active learning. Marketing Education Review, 31(2), 111-118.
- Vander Schee, B. A., Dahl, A., and Peltier, J. (2020). Antecedents consumer factors, consequential branding outcomes, and measures of online consumer engagement: Current research and future directions. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 14(2), 239-268.
- Brech, F., Messer, U., Vander Schee, B. A., Rauschnabel, P., and Ivens, B. (2017). Engaging fans and the community in social media: Interactions with institutions of higher education on Facebook. Journal for Marketing of Higher Education, 27(1), 112-130.
- Vander Schee, B. A. (2015). Look at me and what I achieved: Competing visual displays of an institutional brand. e-Journal of Social and Behavioral Research in Business, 6(1), 21-29.
- Elbeck, M., and Vander Schee, B. A. (2014). Global benchmarking of doctoral program faculty and institutions by sub-area. Journal of Marketing Education, 36(1), 45-61.
- Vander Schee, B. A. (2013). Test item order, level of difficulty and student performance in marketing education. Journal of Education for Business, 88(1), 36-42.
- Vander Schee, B. A. (2012). The influence of new product characteristics on rate of adoption: Increasing student comprehension using Bidding for Buyers game. Journal of Marketing Education, 34(3), 251-264.
Edited on October 6, 2022