Areas of Expertise
Enterprise Systems and Applications, Emerging Technologies, Operations Research & Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Simulation
- DBA, Indiana University, 1981
- MBA, Indiana University, 1979
- MS, Strathclyde University, 1973
- BS, Manchester University, 1971
- Indiana University, School of Business 1981 – Present
- University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (1986)
- Operations Research Executive, NCB, London, United Kingdom (1972 – 1975)
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- The John W. Ryan Award for Distinguished Contributions to International Programs and Studies (2018)
- Distinguished Service Award, Kelley School of Business, 2012
- Innovative Teaching Award (Business Analytics), 2011
- Kelley Direct Program Teaching Excellence Award, 2004, 2005, 2009, and 2011
- Arcelor Mittal Faculty Fellowship, 2008-2013
- SAP Faculty Fellowship, 2002-2008
- Victor Cabot Faculty Fellowship Award, 2000
- TERA Award, 2000
- Innovative Teaching Award (Undergraduate SAP/ERP Curriculum), 1999
- Innovative Teaching Award (Undergraduate Technology Curriculum), 1998
- Distinguished Service Award, School of Business, 1997
- Lilly Alumni Teaching Excellence Award (MBA Program), 1992
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award (1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1995)
- Lieber Associate Teaching Excellence Award, Indiana University, 1978
- Mabert, V. A., Soni, A. K., and Venkataramanan, M. A. (2006). Model Based Interpretation of Survey Data: A Case Study of Enterprise Resource Planning Implementations. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 44(1-2), 16-29.
- Campbell, G., Mabert, V. A., and Soni, A. K. (2006). A Case of Pratt and Whitney Aircraft's Commercial Spares Planning. Communication of the International Information Management Association Journal (CIIMA), 6(3), 11-22.
- Schoenherr, T., Venkataramanan, M. A., Soni, A. K., Mabert, V. A., and Hilpert, D. (2005). The 'New' Users: SMEs and the Mittelstand Experience. In E. Bendoly and R. F. Jacobs (Eds.), Strategic ERP Extension and Use (36-51). Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Bendoly, E, Soni, A. K., and Venkataramanan, M. A. (2004). Value Chain Resource Planning: Adding Value with Systems Beyond the Enterprise. Business Horizons, 47(2), 79-86.
- Mabert, V. A., Soni, A. K., and Venkataramanan, M. A. (2003). The Impact of Organization Size on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Implementations in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector. Omega, 31, 235-246.
- Mabert, V. A., Soni, A. K., and Venkataraman, M. A. (2003). Enterprise Resource Planning: Managing the Implementation Process. European Journal of Operational Research, 146(2), 302-314.
Mabert, V. A., Soni, A. K., and Venkataramanan, M. A. (2001). Enterprise Resource Planning: Common Myths Versus Evolving Reality. Business Horizons, 44(3), 69-76.
Edited on December 11, 2018