Areas of Expertise
Capability Upgrading, Internationalization, Sustainability Issues, Emerging Market Businesses, Cultural Industries
- Ph.D. in Strategy and International Business, University of Miami, 2014
- M.S. in Strategic Management, Peking University, 2009
- B.A. in Human Resource Management, Renmin University of China, 2006
- Associate Editor, Global Strategy Journal
- Special Issue Editor and Editorial Review Board, Journal of International Business Studies
- Consulting Editor, Journal of International Management
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Poets & Quants’ Best 40-Under-40 Business School Professors, 2022
- Academy of Management Review Best Reviewer Award, 2022
- Journal of International Business Studies Best Reviewer Award, 2022
- Alan Rugman Fellow, University of Reading, 2021
- Emerging Scholar in International Management, Academy of Management 2019 Annual Meeting
- Temple/AIB Best Paper Award, Academy of International Business 2018 Annual Meeting
- Inaugural JWB Best Phenomenon-Based Article Award, 2018
- Women Academy of International Business Emerging Scholar, Academy of International Business 2017 Annual Meeting
- IM Division D'Amore-McKim Award for the Best Dissertation Award (finalist) Academy of Management 2015 Annual Meeting
- Global Leadership: IM Division Best Paper in OB/HRM/OT Session, Academy of Management 2014 Annual Meeting
- Emerging Market Firms: IM Division GWU-CIBER Best Paper Award (Finalist), Academy of Management 2014 Annual Meeting
- Inaugural Graduate Student Exemplar (Finalist), University of Miami, 2014
- Excellent Service Award, International Management Division, Academy of Management 2011 Annual Meeting
- Excellent Service Award, Academy of International Business 2006 Annual Meeting
- Merit Student of Beijing City, 2006
- Excellent Graduate of Beijing City, 2006
- Maksimov, V., Wang, S. L., and Yan, S. (2022). Global connectedness and dynamic green capabilities in MNEs. Journal of International Business Studies, 53(4), 723-740 (equal authorship).
- Liu, C., Wang, S. L., and Li, D. (2022). Hidden in a Group? Market Reactions to Multi-violator Corporate Social Irresponsibility Disclosures. Strategic Management Journal, 43(1), 160-179.
- Wang, S. L., Gu, Q., Von Glinow, and Hirsch, P. (2020). Cultural industries in international business research: Progress and prospect. Journal of International Business Studies, 51(4), 665-692.
- Wang, S. L., and Li, D. (2019). Responding to the public disclosure of corporate social irresponsibility in host countries: Information control and ownership control. Journal of International Business Studies, 50(8):1283-1309.
- Wang, S. L., Luo, Y., Maksimov, V., Sun, J. and Celly, N. (2019). Achieving temporal ambidexterity in new ventures. Journal of Management Studies, 56(4), 788-822.
- Wang, S. L., and Cuervo-Cazurra, A. (2017). Overcoming human capital voids in underdeveloped countries. Global Strategy Journal, 7(1), 36-57.
- Maksimov, V., Wang, S. L., Luo, Y. (2017). Reducing poverty in the least developed countries: The role of small and medium enterprises. Journal of World Business, 52(2), 244-257.
- Maksimov, V., Wang, S. L. and Luo, Y. (2017). Imprinting effects and strategic initiatives during institutional transitions: Implications for product innovation of private firms in transition economies. Journal of World Business, 52(6), 854-865.
- Wang, S. L., Luo, Y., Lu, X., Sun, J., and Maksimov, V. (2014). Autonomy delegation to foreign subsidiaries: An enabling mechanism for emerging market multinationals. Journal of International Business Studies, 45(2), 111-130.
- Luo, Y., Wang, S. L., Jayaraman, V, and Zheng, Q. (2013). Governing business process offshoring: Properties, processes, and preferred modes. Journal of World Business, 48(3), 407-419.
- Luo, Y., Wang, S. L., Zheng, Q., and Jayaraman, V. (2012). Task attributes and process integration in business process offshoring: A perspective of service providers from India and China. Journal of International Business Studies, 43(5), 498-524.
- Wang, S. L., and Luo, Y. (2012). Foreign direct investment strategies by developing country multinationals: A diagnostic model for home country effects. Global Strategy Journal, 2(3), 244-261.
Edited on August 29, 2022