Areas of Expertise
Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business Strategy, and Non-Market Risks from Activists & Public Policy
- BS, Florida Southern College, 1999
- MA, West Virginia University, 2002
- PhD, West Virginia University, 2003
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Kelley School of Business, Panschar Teaching Excellence Award, 2007, 2018, 2022
- IU Trustees Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2018, 2022
- Alpha Kappa Psi “Teaching Excellence Award”, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Kelley School of Business, Elvin S. Eyster Teaching Scholar Award, 2020
- Kelley School of Business, Outstanding Service Award, 2017
- Kelley School of Business, Innovative Teaching Award, 2015
- Kelley Direct, Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, 2009
- Memorable Faculty Award Kelley Undergraduate Seniors, 2008, 2009
- General Motors, TEP Outstanding Distance Learning Faculty Award, 2007, 2008
- Kreft, S. F., and Mafi-Kreft, E. (2022). Greenwashing: From Hollow Eco-Claim to Eventual Eco-Action. Pathways to Research: Sustainability, EBSCO, July 1. View Full Text
- Kreft, S. F., and Mafi-Kreft, E. (2022). 'Great resignation' appears to be hastening the exodus of US and other Western companies from Russia. The Conversation, April 27 (IU Research Podcast). View Full Text
- Mafi-Kreft, E. and Kreft, S.F. (2020) Why Ford, Chanel and other companies pitch in during a crisis – without the government ordering them to. The Conversation, May 22, 2020. View Full Text
- Nesbit, T. M. and Kreft, S. F. (2009). Federal Grants, Earmarked Revenues, and Budget Crowd-Out: State Highway Funding. Public Budgeting & Finance, 29(2), 94-110.
- Kreft, S. F., and Maxwell, J. (2008). NGO Warning to Retailers: Stock Up on CSR. Perspectives on Retailing, Kelley School of Business, Center for Education and Research in Retailing.
- Kreft, S. F., and Epling, N. M. (2007). Do Border Crossings Contribute to Underage Motor-Vehicle Fatalities? An Analysis of the Michigan Border Crossings. Canadian Journal of Economics, 40(3), 765-781
- Mafi-Kreft, E., and Kreft, S. F. (2006). Importing Credible Monetary Policy: A Way for Transition Economies to Fight Inflation? Economics Letters, 92(1), 1-6.
- Kreft, S. F., and Sobel, R. S. (2005). Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Freedom. The Cato Journal, 25(3), 595-616.
Edited on April 19, 2022