Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Sports Economics
- PhD, University of North Carolina
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BBA, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business
- Research Assistant and Graduate Instructor, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Corporate Finance and Securities Attorney, Bell, Boyd, and Lloyd (Now K&L Gates)
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- KSBI MBA Teaching Excellence Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Eli Lilly Alumni MBA Teaching Excellence Award – KSBI (2013)
- FDIC Center for Financial Research Grant (2006)
- BSI Gamma Foundation Grant (2004)
- Outstanding PhD Student, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina (1997-98)
- Kenan-Flagler Business School Cato Research Scholar, University of North Carolina (1997)
- Perry, T., Adams, B. J., and Mahoney, C. (2018). The Challenges of Detection and Enforcement of Insider Trading. Journal of Business Ethics, 153(2), 375-388. View Full Text
- Perry, T., and Pollard, R. (2014). Grade Incomplete: Examining the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Attempt to Implement Credit Rating and Certain Corporate Governance Reforms of Dodd-Frank. Indiana Law Review, 47(1), 147-164.
- Adams, B., Frank, M. M., and Perry, T. (2011). The Potential for Inflating Earnings through the Expected Rate of Return on Defined Benefit Pension Plan Assets. Accounting Horizons, 25(3), 443-464.
- Adams, B., Carow, K., and Perry, T. (2009). Earnings Management and Initial Public Offerings: The Case of the Mutual Thrift Industry. Journal of Banking and Finance, 33(12), 2363-2372.
- Durham, G., and Perry, T. (2008). The Impact of Sentiment on Point Spreads in the College Football Wagering Market. Journal of Prediction Markets, 2(1) 1-27.
- Heron, R. A., Lie, E., and Perry, T. (2007). On the Use (and Abuse) of Stock Option Grants. Financial Analysts Journal, 63(3), 17-27.
- Perry, T., and Shivdasani, A. (2005). Do boards affect performance? Evidence from corporate restructuring. Journal of Business, 78(4), 1403-1431.
- Perry, T., and Peyer, U. (2005). Board seat accumulation by executives: a shareholder’s perspective. Journal of Finance, 60(4), 2083-2123.
- Perry, T., and Zenner, M. (2001). Pay for performance? Government regulation and the structure of compensation contracts. Journal of Financial Economics, 62(3), 453-488.
- Perry, T., and Zenner, M. (2000). CEO Compensation in the 1990s: Shareholder alignment or shareholder expropriation? Wake Forest Law Review, 35(1), 123-152.
Edited on March 12, 2020