1309 E. 10th Street
Areas of Expertise
Supply Chain Management; Inventory Theory; Healthcare Operations Management; Capacity Limits; Industrial Organization; Marketing-Operations interface; Finance/Accounting-Operations interface; Markov Games
- Ph.D., The University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S.E., The University of Michigan, 1997
- M.Mgt, The University of Melbourne, 1994
- B.E. (Hons), The University of Melbourne, 1990
- Associate Professor, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2016-present
- Associate Professor, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 2011-2016
- Assistant Professor, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 2008-2011
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Cornell University, Johnson School of Management, 2007-2008
- Assistant Professor, Yale University, School of Management, 2001-2007
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- 2019 Wickham Skinner Best Paper Award
- 2019 Kelley School of Business Innovative Teaching Award
- 2018-present Fettig/Whirlpool Faculty Fellowship
- 2012-present Operations Research Associate Editor
- 2012 Conference Chair, Supply Chain SIG Conference
- 2012 Inventory Management Track Co-chair, POMS Conference
- 2009 MSOM Cluster Chair, INFORMS Conference
- 2001, 2004, 2012 Operations Research Meritorious Service Award
- 1997 Gerald and Lillian Dykstra Fellowship for Teaching and Academic Excellence
- 2004 Invited Presenter, Kellogg Operations Workshop
- 1996, 1999 Richter Fund Fellowship
- 1998 George and Marion Plossl Fellow for the best Doctoral Dissertation Proposal
- 1998 Doctoral Student Research Grant, The University of Michigan
- Zhang, H., Aydin, G., and Parker, R. P. (2022). Social responsibility auditing in supply chain networks. Management Science, 68(2), 1058–1077.
- Swersey, A.J., Colberg, J., Evans, R., Kattan, M., Ledolter, J., and Parker, R.P. (2020). Decision Models for Distinguishing Between Clinically Insignificant and Significant Tumors in Prostate Cancer Biopsies: An Application of Bayes’ Theorem to Reduce Costs and Improve Outcomes. Health Care Management Science, 23, 102–116.
- Arikan, M., Ata, B., Friedewald, J. J., and Parker, R. P. (2018). Enhancing Kidney Supply Through Geographic Sharing in the United States. Production and Operations Management. 27(12), 2103-2121.
- Birge, J.R., Parker, R. P., Wu, X., and Yang, S. A. (2017). When Customers Anticipate Liquidation Sales: Managing Operations under Financial Distress. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 19(4), 657-673.
- Yang, S. A., Birge, J. R., and Parker, R. P. (2015). The Supply Chain Effects of Bankruptcy. Management Science, 61(10), 2320-2338.
- Olsen, T.L., and Parker, R. P. (2014). On Markov Equilibria in Dynamic Inventory Competition. Operations Research, 62(2), 332-344.
- Ata, B., Killaly, B. L., Olsen, T. L., and Parker, R. P. (2013). On Hospice Operations under Medicare Reimbursement Policies. Management Science, 59(5), 1027-1044.
- Parker, R.P., and Kapuscinski, R. (2011). Managing a Non-Cooperative Supply Chain with Limited Capacity. Operations Research, 59(4), 866-881.
- Olsen, T.L., and Parker, R. P. (2008). Inventory Management Under Market Size Dynamics. Management Science, 54(10), 1805-1821.
- Parker, R.P., and Kapuscinski, R. (2004). Optimal Policies for a Capacitated Two-Echelon Inventory System. Operations Research, 52(5), 739-755.
- Parker, R.P., and Wirth, A. (1999). Manufacturing Flexibility: Measures and Relationship. European Journal of Operational Research, 118(3), 429-449.
Edited on December 6, 2019