Areas of Expertise
The Environments of International Business, Management of Multinational Firms, Global Leadership, International Competitive Strategies, Cross-Cultural Management, The Global Auto Industry, Managing in Emerging Economies, International Business Teaching Effectiveness
- PhD, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1996
- MBA, The University of Toledo, 1988
- BA, The University of Missouri-Columbia, 1983
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, August 2000-Present, Clinical Associate Professor of International Business
- MBA Program, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2005-Present, Supply Chain & Global Management Academy, Co-director
- MBA Program, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2001-2005, Global Experience Academy, Director
- Center for International Business Education and Research, Indiana University, September 2002–2003, Director
- United Way of Greater Toledo, June 1999-August 2000, Executive Vice President of Resource Development
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, September 1997-1999, Assistant Professor of International Business
- Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, 1994-1997, Assistant Professor of International Business
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Frequently invited to lecture on a variety of International Business topics
- "Favorite Professor," IU Scholastic Achievement Award Reception - By Student Athletes Kelly Ross and David Bubenicek, 2002 & 2006
- Board member, United Way of Monroe County, Bloomington, Indiana, March 22, 2001-2004
- Nominated for Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2003
- Nominated for Panschar Undergraduate Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 2002
- "Building a Life and A Career Through International Business," New Horizons in International Business Presentation, International Business Institute, University of Toledo, College of Business Administration, February 22, 2001
- Instructional Support Services Active Learning Grant, Indiana University, 2001
- Twenty under Forty Leadership and Community Service Award, City of Toledo, OH and Toledo Business Journal, October 12, 2000
- Graduation Commencement Address - Main Speaker, University of Toledo, College of Business, May 5, 2000
- Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, The National Honorary Business Administration society. The University of Michigan, School of Business, May 2, 1997
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Sphinx & Mortar Board Senior Honorary Societies, The Ohio State University, 1997
- Faculty Nomination, President's Salute to Undergraduate Academic Achievement, The Ohio State University, 1997
- Competition for Travel Grants for Research in Latin America, The Ohio State University, 1996
- Presidential Fellowship to Pursue Ph.D. Study, The University of Toledo, 1989-1991
- Recipient of the Kelley Direct “Teaching Excellence Award," 2010
- Recipient of the “Kelley Service Award” for contributions to international business teaching and programming, 2009
- Nominated for the “John W. Ryan Award” for Distinguished Contributions to International Programs and Studies, 2009
- Recipient of the “Innovative Teaching Award” by the Kelley School of Business, 2008
- Garcia, P. R., Maguire Lewis, M., and Bradberry, R. J. (2006). Ford Mexico: Bridging the Learning Divide. CIBER Case Collection at European Case Clearing House.
- Garcia, P. R., Hills, S., and Leong, G. K. (1999). Grupo UNIKO. In John B. Cullen (Ed.), Multinational Management: A Strategic Approach (541-551). Cincinnati, OH: South-Western College Publishing.
- Garcia, P. R., and Hills S. (1998). Meeting 'Lean' Competitors: Ford de Mexico's Industrial Relations Strategy. In S. Babson and H. Juarez Nunez (Eds.), Confronting Change: Auto Labor and Lean Production in North America. Detroit, MI: Wayne State University Press.
- Garcia, P. R. (1998). Adopting the Web to Teach International Business. Indiana University CIBER, No. 11, Kelley School of Business, Spring.
- Garcia, P. R. (1997). The Competitiveness of Mexico's Auto Industry in the New Global Environment: The Case of Ford. In H. Thomas, D. O'Neal and R. Alvarado (Eds.), Strategic Discovery: Competing in New Arenas. West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons.
- Garcia, P. R. (1997). International Business World Wide Web Page. To accompany International Business: Environments and Operations, Eighth Edition, by John Daniels and Lee Radebaugh. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley Longman, Inc.
- Garcia, P. R. (1997). Nissan Mexicana: A Response to an Evolving Mexican Government Policy. International research-oriented teaching case, The University of Michigan, School of Business Administration, Center for International Business Education.
- Garcia, P. R. (1997). Volkswagen de Mexico: Toward Conversion to World-Class Performance. International research-oriented teaching case, The University of Michigan, School of Business Administration, Center for International Business Education.
Edited on April 23, 2020