801 W Michigan St
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Social Responsibility, Leadership, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Corporate Philanthropy, Stakeholder Theory, Corporate Strategy
- PhD, Management, University of Washington, 1980
- MA, Economics, University of Washington, 1977
- MBA, Finance, University of Washington, 1973
- BS, Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1971
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1971
- Executive Associate Dean for Indianapolis, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. 2007-2016
- Director, Randall L. Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence at Indiana University. 2006-2016
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Recipient, MBAA Teaching Excellence Award, Penn State University, 1986
- Nominated, Board of Governors, Academy of Management, 1992
- Recipient, Howard Chase Award, Issues Management Association, 1994
- Best Paper Finalist, Academy of Management, 1999
- Best Paper Finalist, International Association for Business and Society, 2000
- Best Paper Finalist, International Association for Business and Society, 2001
- Recipient, Sumner Marcus Award, Social Issues in Management Division, Academy of Management, 2002
- Fellow, Tobias Leadership Center, Indiana University, 2003-present
- Member, Alliance of Distinguished and Titled Professors, 2003-present
- Fellow, International Association for Business and Society, 2005, present
- Fellow, Institute for Corporate Governance, Indiana University, 2005-present
- Manning Magid, J., Tatikonda, M. V., and Cochran, P. L. (2009). Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach. 46 American Business Law Journal 1.
- Willing, S. J., Gunderman, R. B., Cochran, P. L., and Saxton, T. (2005). The polity of academic medicine: Evidence-based democracy. Journal of the American College of Radiology, 2(2): 358-368.
- Stevens, J. M., Steensma, H. K., Harrison, D., and Cochran, P. L. (2005). Symbolic or substantive document? The influence of ethics codes on financial executives' decisions. Strategic Management Journal, 26(2), 181-195.
- Weaver, G. R., Treviño, L., and Cochran, P. L. (1999). Corporate ethics practices in the mid-1990's: An empirical study of the Fortune 1000. Journal of Business Ethics, 18(3), 283-294.
- Weaver, G. R., Treviño, L., and Cochran, P. L. (1999). Integrated and decoupled corporate social performance: Management commitments, external pressures, and corporate ethics practices. Academy of Management Journal, 42(5), 539-552.
- Weaver, G. R., Treviño, L., and Cochran, P. L. (1999). Corporate ethics programs as control systems: Influences of executive commitment and environmental factors. Academy of Management Journal, 42(1), 41-57.
- Cochran, P. L., Wood, R. A., and Jones, T. B. (1985). The composition of boards of directors and the incidence of golden parachutes. Academy of Management Journal, 28(3), 664-671.
- Wartick, S. L., and Cochran, P. L. (1985). The evolution of the corporate social performance model. Academy of Management Review, 10(4), 758-769.
Edited on March 23, 2022