Areas of Expertise
Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Earnings Management
- PhD, Business and Economics, Lehigh University, 1979
- MBA, Accounting, University of Scranton, 1974
- BS, Accounting, Bloomsburg State College, 1972
- Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1996-present
- Visiting Professor, Consortium of Universities for International Studies, CIMBA Program, Asolo, Italy, Summers 2004 & 2006
- Director, MPA Intensive Summer Session, 1997-2001
- Faculty Chair, Indiana University Business Conference, 1995-1997
- Coordinator, MBA Core Program, Indiana University, 1991-1994
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomigton, 1983-1996
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1979-1983
- Instructor of Accounting, Lehigh University, 1976-1979
- Teaching Assistant, Lehigh University, 1975-1976
- Adjunct Instructor of Accounting, Moravian College, 1975
- Adjunct Instructor of Economics, Moravian College, 1975
- Instructor of Accounting, Bishop Klonowski High School, 1972-1974
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Member, Lehigh University Accounting Advisory Committee, 2000-2008
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award, 2004
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award, Indiana University--Bloomington, 2003, 1998, 1996, 1992, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1983, 1982
- "Outstanding Faculty Member," Systems and Accounting Graduate Programs, 2001
- Indiana University, Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, 2000
- Innovative Teaching Award, Kelley School of Business, 1999
- Indiana University Distinguished Service Award, 1995
- Chairperson, Government and Nonprofit Section of the American Accounting Association, 1994-95
- Business Week, Outstanding MBA faculty at Indiana University, 1993, 1997
- "Professor Most Likely to have the Lowest Mean on an Exam," 1993
- "Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year," MBA Association, Indiana University-Bloomington, 1987
- Lilly Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow, 1981-1982
- KPMG Peat Marwick, Research Opportunities Grant
- Ernst and Young, research Opportunities Grant
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board Research Grant
- Jeanne S. Mattersdorf Award in Public Finance, National Tax association--Tax Institute of America
- Parry Jr., R. W., and Heintz, J. (2011), College Accounting (20th Edition). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning/South-Western Publishing.
- Hite, P. A., and Parry, Jr., R. W. (1994). A Study of the Effectiveness of Writing Exercises as Elaboration Techniques for Teaching Tax. The Journal of the American Tax Association, 16(1), 172-186.
- Parry, Jr., R. W., Sharp, F., Wallace, W., and Vreeland, J. (1994). The Role of Service Efforts and Accomplishments Reporting in a Total Quality Management: Implications for Accountants. Accounting Horizons, June, 25-43.
- Hite, P. A. and Parry, Jr., R. W. (1994). An Investigation of How Incorrect Examples Can Enhance Tax Rule Comprehension. Journal of Accounting Education, Spring, 227-241.
- Parry, Jr., R. W., Patton, J., Layey, J., and Shermann, K. (1991). An Empirical Analysis of Entity Reporting by Cities. Research in Accounting Regulation, 99-119.
- Parry Jr., Robert W., Sharp, F., Wallace, W., and Vreeland, J. (1991), Service Efforts and Accomplishment Measurement of Fire Department Activities, Norwalk, CT: Governmental Accounting Standards Board, December.
- Parry Jr., R. W., (1990). The Impact of Assigned Study Groups on Study Effort and Examination Performance. Issues in Accounting Education, Fall, 222-239.
Edited on February 3, 2020