Areas of Expertise
Data-Driven Marketing, Customer Segmentation and Advertising Strategies to Segments, Branding and Corporate Reputation, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Automation, Database Marketing, Competitive Intelligence Systems, Marketing Strategy, Marketing for New Ventures
- PhD, Indiana University, 1996
- MBA, Indiana University, 1996
- BS, MIT Sloan School of Business, 1984
- 2003 to 2004 Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Florence, KY - Executive Director, Marketing
- 1998-2003 Eli Lilly & Company, Indianapolis, IN - Manager, Global Market Research Endocrine
- Consultant, US affiliate Market Research
- 1991 to 1997 The Barnegat Group, Madison, WI - Partner
- Saxton, T., Wesley, C., and Saxton, M. K. (2016). Uncertainty and Social Exchange Theory: Venture Advocate Behaviors and the Emerging Enterprise. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 10(1), 107-125.
- Saxton, M. K. (2015). Adding Badging to a Marketing Simulation to Increase Motivation to Learn. Marketing Education Review, 1(Spring), 53-57.
- Alpert, F., and Saxton, M. K. (2015). Can Multiple New-Product Messages Attract Different Consumer Segments? Gaming Advertisements' Interaction with Targets Affects Brand Attitudes and Purchase Intentions. Journal of Advertising Research, 55(3), 307-321.
- Romito, L., and Saxton, M. K. (2014). Impact of Promotions on Awareness, Trial and Likelihood of Trial of New Dissolvable Tobacco. American Journal of Health Promotion, 28(4), 251-258.
- Saxton, M. K. (2011). Rx for Brand Consistency: Should Pharmaceutical Marketers Send Different Messages to Physician and Consumer Audiences? Journal of Advertising Research, 51(2), 380-393.
- Romito, L., Saxton, M. K., Coan, L. L., and Christen, A. G. (2011). Retail Promotions and Perceptions of R.J. Reynold's Novel Dissolvable Tobacco in a U.S. Test Market. Harm Reduction Journal, 8(10).
- Saxton, M. K., and Saxton, T. (2010). Venture Launch and Growth as a Status-Building Process. In Jone L.Pearce (Ed.), Status in Management and Organizations (191-211). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Saxton, M. K., Saxton, T., Steen, J., and Verreynne, M. L. (2010). Failure To Launch: Resource Logic for Early Venture Failure. Prometheus, Critical Studies in Innovation, 28(1), 15-27.
- DeSarbo, W., Fong, D., Liechty, J., and Saxton, M. K. (2004). A Hierarchical Bayesian Procedure for Two-Mode Cluster Analysis. Psychometrika, 69(4), 547-572.
- DeSarbo, W., Degeratu, A., Ahearne, M., and Saxton, M. K. (2002). Disaggregate Market Share Response Models. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 19(3), 253-266.
- DeSarbo, W., Degeratu, A., Wedel, M., and Saxton, M. K. (2001). The Spatial Representation of Market Information. Marketing Science, 20(4), 426-441.
- Fradd, S., Lee, O., Sutman, F., and Saxton, M. K. (2000). When the Product is Complex, Does the Advertisement’s Conclusion Matter? Journal of Business Research, 48(1), 55-62.
Edited on April 5, 2021