Areas of Expertise
E-business, Operations Strategy, Supply chain strategies
- DBA, Boston University School of Management, 1998
- MBA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1987
- BA, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1981
- Assistant Professor of Operations and Technology Management, Boston University School of Management
- Visiting Professor/Lecturer 2005, Oxford University - Säid Business School
- Adjunct Professor 1998, Scandinavian International Management Institute (SIMI)
- Visiting faculty (2003), London Business School
- Fellow in e-Business (1997-2002), London Business School
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Winner: 2004 Wickham Skinner prize of the Production and Operations Management Society
- Runner-up: 2002 Journal of Operations Management Best Paper of the Year Award
- Winner: 2001 Journal of Operations Management Best Paper of the Year Award
- Associate Editor - Journal of Operations Management, 2002
- London Business School Award for Teaching Innovation, 2000
- Frohlich, M. (2010). Lessons from The Great Recession for Operations Management. Journal of Operations Management, Operations and Supply Management Forum.
- Frohlich, M., and R. Dixon (2006). Reflections on Replication in OM Research and this Special Issue. Journal of Operations Management, 24(6), 865-867.
- Boyer, K., and Frohlich, M. (2006). An Analysis of Effects of Operational Execution on Repeat Purchasing for Heterogeneous Customer Segments. Production and Operations Management, 15(2), 229-243.
- Tsikriktsis, N., Lanzolla, G., and Frohlich, M. (2004). Adoption of e-processes by service firms: an empirical study of antecedents. Production and Operations Management, 13(3), 216-229.
- Frohlich, M., and Westbrook, R. (2002). Demand Chain Management in Manufacturing and Services: Strategies, Drivers, and Performance. Journal of Operations Management, Special Issue on Operations with Today's Demand Chain Management Framework, 20(6), 729-745.
- Frohlich, M. (2002). e-Integration in the supply chain: Barriers and performance. Decision Sciences. 33(4), 537-556.
- Frohlich, M. (2002). Techniques for Improving Response Rates in OM Survey Research. Journal of Operations Management, 20(1), 53-62.
- Voss, C. A., Tsikriktsis, N., and Frohlich, M. (2002). Case Research in Operations Management. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 22(2), 195-219.
- Frohlich, M., and Dixon, R. (2001). A Taxonomy of Manufacturing Strategies Revisited. Journal of Operations Management, 19(5), 541-558.
- Frohlich, M., and Dixon, R. (1999). Information Systems Adaptation and the Successful Implementation of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies. Decision Sciences, 30(4), 921-957.
Edited on March 31, 2020